To support the Agency’s accounting services by providing financial recording, analysis and preparation of financial statements, for the General Board of Global Ministries, and UMDF.
The position performs several accounting duties, including the preparation of schedules and reconciliations such as daily and monthly bank reconciliations, tracking and recordkeeping related to restricted revenues and regular reconciliation of certain asset and liability accounts. The position also serves as a technical accounting resource for headquarters departments and performs research as well as addressing questions related to revenue adjustments, reconciling items, bank adjustments, returned checks, and deposit corrections.
This is a unique opportunity to direct your energy and talents towards achieving a mission, while benefiting from the resources and support of a highly regarded national non-profit organization.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Bank Reconciliations for GBGM and UMDF
- Monthly account analysis, reconciliation for UMDF
- Responsible for Endowment Fund accounting and reconciliation
- Close Month and Year End
- Preparation of GAAP basis Monthly/Bimonthly Financial Packages including variance analysis and supporting schedules for UMDF
- Maintain control schedules to ensure timely reports
- Prepare annual audit schedule
- Audit preparation and year-end adjustments
- Annual forecasts for UMDF
- Participate and support organization wide events and activities
- Other duties as assigned by the Controller
Candidates must have knowledge of accounting principles in order to prepare journal entries and reconciliations at a level normally acquired through completion of bachelor’s degree in accounting. The position requires three to five years of progressively more responsible related work experience necessary in order to perform expected duties. A CPA is preferred. Proficiency with Excel spreadsheet and general ledger software is required. The candidate must have the ability to learn and become proficient with the software and systems utilized by the Agency’s Finance Department, including Microsoft Dynamics GP. Additionally they must have:
- BA/BS Accounting degree and minimum five years of experience as Senior Accounting Level.
- Knowledge of Non-profit accounting
- Knowledge of accounting principles and theory
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office, Excel, and Great Plains.
- Highly motivated
- Ability to prioritize and meet communicated schedules and deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, and as part of a team
- Extremely organized and able to multi-task
- Attention to detail and have accuracy in daily work and other projects
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to handle confidential information
- Excellent customer services skills
This position is based in Atlanta, GA. It is expected that this position would begin on or about October 1, 2016.