Tetra Tech ARD is accepting applications from qualified candidates for the role of Security Coordinator. The Security Coordinator is responsible for the provision and oversight of security in accordance with best practices and dynamic risks of our operating environments. S/he monitors all international travel and stays abreast of international safety and security issues that could affect staff safety and manages security policies and procedures for our development project implementation and new business development initiatives.
This position is based in Burlington, Vermont, and reports to the Director of Shared Services.
* In coordination with project management teams, perform comprehensive project level risk assessments and produce project level security plans and manuals;
* Provide training, security briefings, and updates to headquarters staff on project security and risk assessments;
* Conduct field visits to Tetra Tech ARD’s project offices in medium and high risk areas to assess, update, and improve all security procedures and systems and to train staff;
* Provide technical support to the field: risk mitigation and incident/crisis response strategies, security assessments, scenario planning, security plan development, crisis/contingency planning, and related functions;
* Collect and compile safety and security related information, compile and analyze critical incident reports, map security incidents and understand patterns and threats, and facilitate the development of country- and situation-specific evacuation plans;
* Manage relationships with security contractors, and develop statements of work and evaluation criteria for selection of security contractors in countries where assessment indicates that a contractor is warranted;
* Advise Chiefs of Party and project management teams on security issues affecting their projects;
* Liaise and coordinate with external agencies including the US military, UN, peacekeeping missions, NGO coordinating bodies, and local governments;
* Coordinate security efforts with other staff care programs and provide advice as needed; and
* Assist with preparation of security plans for potential projects as needed at the proposal stage.
* Bachelor’s degree in a related field and 6+ years of experience in the field of security;
* Minimum of four years of field experience managing security for international development projects in complex environments;
* Experience conducting trainings and providing security briefings;
* Willingness and ability to travel 24/7 to conflict zones and disaster areas with little notice and in emergency situations;
* High levels of professionalism and collegiality across cultures, hierarchies, and roles;
* Critical regional knowledge (Latin America, Africa, Asia, Middle East, etc.);
* Strong communications skills and high level of attention to detail required;
* Capacity to analyze and synthesize high volumes of information into key messages and to various audiences;
* MS Office suite proficiency and familiarity with databases;
* Fluency in written and spoken English required, fluency in a second language desired; and
* U.S. citizenship or a valid U.S. work permit is mandatory.
To be considered, applicants must submit the following as part of this online application process:
* A letter of application explaining individual qualifications for this opportunity
* A current CV in reverse chronological format
* A list of at least 3 professional references including name, contact information, and statement of relationship to the reference
Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration.
Please indicate where you saw Tetra Tech ARD’s ad posted.
Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. No phone calls will be accepted.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees—16,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.