Job Title: Security Coordinator
Program Background Summary:
The USAID-funded Pakistan Reading Project (PRP), implemented by the International Rescue Committee and its partners, Creative Associates International, World Learning, and Institute of Rural Management, is working with the objective to support the provincial and regional departments of education throughout Pakistan to improve the reading skills of children in grades one and two. The project aims to achieve this goal through three distinct but interrelated components that work in synergy to affect the quality of early grade education: improved classroom learning environment for reading, improved policies and systems for reading, and community based support for reading in Pakistan.
Under the supervision of Deputy Chief of Party (Operations), the Security Coordinator will be responsible for overall security matters for Pakistan Reading Project operation. In addition to security matters the Security Coordinator will be responsible for maintaining government relations, liaison and act as focal point for legal services to facilitate overall program goals and objectives.
- Act as an integral member of the IRC Pakistan Country Crisis Management Team.
- Design and deliver security management training to all field office senior staff, security focal points.
- Design and deliver security awareness training strategy for all staff, and supervise the implementation.
- Conduct investigations into security incidents that impact on IRC Pakistan Program.
- Supervise and support Security team in all security issues.
- Undertake regular site assessments of IRC – PRP physical properties and project areas, report on findings and design necessary improvements in line with Cooperative Agreement.
- Keep up-to date with the principles of protection and the IRC Way and policy and procedures agreed in the Cooperative Agreement.
- Orient all new staff on security plans and precautionary measures.
- Review security plans and policies following the Cooperative Agreement.
- Maintain an updated list and contacts with focal points across the programs.
- Undertake ongoing threat assessments using the security triangle as a basis of analysis.
- Liaise with other agency security focal points, including NGOs, UN and local authorities concerned for security related issues and update Chief of Party.
- Develop monthly security update and progress reports for submission and consumption of Chief of Party
- Make concrete recommendations for revising IRC – PRP policies and procedures to further enhance security following cooperative agreement.
- Maintain confidentiality, impartiality and neutrality in all aspects of security arrangements
- Prepare Monthly and Regular security reports with analysis and advice.
- Security plans updated and submitted to Chief of Party every 6 month for further submission to NY.
- Security orientation materials including presentations etc.
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP, Ops)
Position directly supervises: Senior Officer Security
Other Internal and/or external contacts:
- Minimum qualification required for this position is graduation in political science, international relations or related fields; post graduate qualification will be preferred.
- Relevant security management certification will be an added value.
- 7+ years of relevant experience preferably in an INGO setting.
- 03 years experience of leading the security management of an INGO.
- Relevant education degree or certification, in Social Sciences or Security.
- Security professional experience with NGO/INGO and/ or UN security background and of highest moral and professional integrity.
- Excellent communication and diplomacy skills, in order to work with international staff.
- Strong software skills in MS Office and Outlook.
- Ability to work under pressure in an unstable security environment. Able to handle sensitive information with strict confidentiality.
- Legal background and good understanding on IRC Way would be preferred.
- Able to maintain impartiality and neutrality in all aspects of his / her work.