Division: The Center for Applied Research and Learning
Status: VA-Based Full Time
Position Number: 16:315
The Center manages IFES research and thought leadership activities to enrich electoral administration and democracy development assistance and ensure the consistent application of international standards and best practices.
Provide research and writing support for IFES technical leadership projects, focused on electoral dispute resolution, electoral leadership, pro-youth legal mechanisms, and the abuse of state resources in election campaigns. Research may be country-specific, regional, or global, and may focus on a range of sources: international, regional, and domestic laws and jurisprudence; international obligations and best practices; rule of law and elections indices and barometers; media analysis of elections; election observer mission reports; and other sources for information.
As needed, provide management and administrative support for technical leadership projects. Duties may include:
- Drafting consultant contracts and managing payments
- Budget management
- Providing inputs to periodic donor reports
- Developing outreach pieces
Manage the Democracy Studies Fellowship Programs at IFES. These duties will include:
- Recruitment and selection of fellows according to established practice and application processes
- Administration of fellowships
- Coordinating collaboration between democracy fellows and IFES staff
Other duties as assigned in support of the Center for Applied Research and Learning
- Education: Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s Degree in international relations, political science, international development preferred.
- Experience: Minimum of 4 years of overall work experience in the international development sector with NGO experience a plus. Academic and/or professional experience with research, writing, and editing required. Supervisory and recruitment experience a plus.
- Related Skills or Knowledge: Experience managing or coordinating projects with multiple stakeholders helpful. Proficiency with Microsoft Office and Excel required. Strong written and verbal communication skills are required. Must be detail-oriented and organized and have the ability to work independently, prioritize, take direction, and handle varied tasks within deadlines.
- Language Skills: English required. Proficiency in French, Spanish, or Arabic a plus.
- TRAVEL: Travel may be required, up to 10%
- PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT: Standard office work environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Direct Link to apply