PATH is a global nonprofit dedicated to achieving health equity. With more than 40 years of experience forging multisector partnerships, and with expertise in science, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales up innovative solutions to the world’s most pressing health challenges.
PATH is currently recruiting for a Research Associate to support development of new diagnostic.
The Diagnostics Program at PATH conducts research and development, technical evaluation, introduction, and technology transfer of low-cost, rapid, novel and easy to use diagnostic tests that are appropriate for use in developing country health systems. We are seeking a Laboratory Associate or Research Scientist who will work on multiple projects for the rapid development of the most promising, cost-effective, and impactful diagnostic technologies. Key responsibilities involve conducting bioanalytical methods to advance the development of new diagnostic tests.
- Perform routine immunoassay and molecular biology procedures including ELISA, RDTs, qPCR and isothermal amplification assays
- Prepare reagents, chemical solutions and culture media according to established procedures
- Aliquot, catalogue, and store clinical samples;
- Extract and purify, DNA, RNA, antibodies and other analytes from various sources
- Operate, calibrate and maintain laboratory equipment
- Assist lead scientist on other work related to project when required
- Collect, organize and interpret experimental results
- Compile, write, and edit procedures and reports
- Present results at meetings