- Ensure World Renew’s impact in West Africa is according to the Ends, vision and values of the organisation and make recommendations (changes) as to how to have the greatest impact in the ever-changing and challenging landscape.
- Lead an external institutional review and evaluation of World Renew’s impact in West Africa to ensure World Renew remains vibrant and impactful in the region.
- Develop and implement a revised regional plan, including an appropriate operational plan and staffing structure that address the nexus of community development and disaster response in the region given its current context of increased instability and security concerns.
- Provide oversight to program strategy, design, planning, budgeting and MEAL (monitoring, evaluation, assessment & learning) in the region. Ensure program effectiveness and reporting.
- Ensure and support continuous learning, staff development and member care within the region.
- Ensure organizational policies and practices are understood and carried out, including but not limited to security, crisis management and safeguarding in keeping with World Renew commitment to the Core Humanitarian Standard.
- Responsible for management, coordination and support of funding from donors (institutional, churches, individuals) in coordination with country directors, other WR teams as well as communications regarding funding and potential opportunities.
- Support and carry out effective management of staff in the region, including performance management, accountability and situational leadership.
- Plan for organizational and staffing structure of the assigned Ministry Team, the country teams and related staff to ensure present and future staffing needs are anticipated and in place.
- Represent the team and country offices and communicate as needed for promoting constituency engagement, for engaging in networks and alliances active in their region, for linking with government institutions as necessary.
- Represent the team internally to Co-Directors, functional teams for program and administrative systems support including planning, budgeting, knowledge management, human resources and financial accountability for the respective Ministry and Regional budget and expenditures.
- Serve on relevant security committees to gather information and inform decisions related to safety of staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Direct Reports: Country Consultants and Regional Staff
- Indirect Reports: National and international Staff
Skills Knowledge and Expertise
- Demonstrated commitment to contribute to and promote a work environment that values diversity, inclusion and equity
- Demonstrated commitment to working towards gender equality, equity and justice in all aspects of programming, plans, policies and organizational structure
- Working knowledge of and a commitment to core development and relief concepts, models, and values
- Demonstrated ability to provide effective facilitation, negotiation, active listening, embrace learning, decision-making and problem-solving, able to communicate cross-culturally
- Demonstrated ability to lead effectively for change management, strategic planning and implementation, nurturing strong teams and work in a collaborative complex international team environment with demonstrated high emotional intelligence
- Demonstrated ability to implement, improve, and integrate community development programs
- Demonstrated ability to work and collaborate with partner organizations
- An ability to relate to donors and diverse, international donors (granting institutions), including knowledge and oversight of project and grant management
- Demonstrated competence in administration, human resources, financial/budgeting and fundraising skills
- Demonstrated understanding and competency in working in an inter-faith region, specifically, as a Christian in a predominantly Muslim context
- Master’s degree in a related field required
2. Minimum of 10 years in a cross-cultural (preferably West African) international management or organizational development role working in a community development, disaster response, and/or organizational consultation environment of which five years have been at a management level.
3. Membership in a Christian church and agreement with the doctrine of the CRC signified by signing a covenant statement. Commitment to and ability to articulate a Christian worldview, particularly as it relates to World Renew’s vision, mission, values and programs
- Fluent in English with effective written and verbal communications skills is required.
- Minimum professional proficiency in French is required.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Living and travel conditions with unreliable access to water and electricity and increased exposure to illness
- Travel in insecure and/or impoverished areas which may have limited or no infrastructure or support structures
- Regional Travel of up to 30% of time
- International travel to US or Canada twice per year