Under the supervision of the Country Representative, the Project Officer will coordinate the implementation of a Strengthening Independent Media project in Bangladesh.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following, other duties may be assigned:
- Lead day-to-day running of the project, including recruiting, hiring, managing and training local trainers, liaising with partners, media outlets and journalists.
- Oversee project implementation, including tracking of budgets, subgrants/contract, and monitoring and evaluation requirements in coordination with Internews HQ.
- Ensure timely and high-quality submissions of quarterly reporting as required by the donor (includes writing and editing).
- Represent the project with donors when required.
- Liaise with Internews administration and control staff in the US on all contracts, subgrants, procurement and payments.
- Implement activities related to communication with the public and news media on program activities and accomplishments, as well as public relations.
- Represent organization at various conferences and events.
- Understanding of and demonstrated commitment to upholding Internews’ Core Values.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Minimum five years’ media/journalism experience and/or experience managing development projects
- Experience in leading projects, including budget management, reporting and M&E
- Proven ability to develop and monitor work plans and training plans
- Knowledge of, and proven experience in, budget management, projections and grant management
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple on-going assignments
- Excellent communication skills; strong writing skills (in English)
- Proficient in MS Office
- Ability to adjust to shifting political circumstances and create programming accordingly
- Relevant university degree required