The Project Officer will be responsible for the day-to-day planning, coordination, implementation and monitoring of direct service delivery activities at m2m project site(s) including health facilities and community geolocations. The project officer will directly manage site staff (Facility and Community Mentor Mothers) and ensure that direct service delivery activities meet established quality standards.
Key Performance Areas
- Provide supportive supervision, technical support, and mentorship to Facility and Community Mentor Mothers (site staff) on m2m RMNCH/PMTCT and ECD programme standards.
- Based on identified quality gaps, initiate the development of relevant standard operating procedures (SOPs) and improvement plans for RMNCH/PMTCT and ECD programme implementation.
- Plan and coordinate site staff recruitments for replacements and new projects.
- In consultation with site staff, plan and coordinate site-based programme activities e.g. community dialogues, community-based HIV psychosocial support groups, parenting information playgroup sessions, etc.
- Plan and coordinate donor, head office personnel, Ministry of Health, and other implementing partner site visits.
Monitoring and Evaluation
- Collaborate and support SI Officer to ensure data and reporting quality.
- Support the site-level use of m2m quality improvement and strategic management tools, both paper and electronic.
- Data entry of programme data generated monthly at the health facility level.
- Conduct data quality audits on a month-to-month basis in DHIS2 as per existing Standard Operating Procedures.
- Extract data from DHIS2 for report writing and programme performance reviews when required.
- Together with site staff, jointly and routinely review Quality Assurance/Quality Improvement (QA/QI) programme performance reports and institute remedial actions to address any QA/QI issues, with a focus on Early Infant Diagnosis (EID) testing, Active Client Follow-Up (ACFU).
- Support routine programme evaluation activities as required.
- Conduct site-level routine supportive supervision, mentorship and monitoring activities on both programme and Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) functions with support from the Strategic Information Officer.
- Contribute relevant information for compilation of project reports.
Training and Capacity Building
- Conduct training needs assessments.
- Planning and coordination of pre-service and in-service trainings
- Co-facilitate pre-service and in-service trainings
- Provide ongoing mentorship to site staff on usage of mHealth applications i.e. CommCare App1 and App2.
Human Resource Management
- Line management of site staff, including performance appraisals, approval and tracking of annual leaves, etc.
- Live and promote m2m values including integrity, honesty, dedication, empathy, compassion and teamwork among m2m staff.
- Prepare purchase requisitions for programme related materials (M&E tools, site supplies, etc.)
- Ensure prudent use of m2m’s resources at project sites.
- Note-taking and filing of minutes of programme related meetings.
- Monitor and report on any safety and security related incidents involving site staff, e.g. muggings, etc.
Stakeholder Engagement and Representation
- Develop and periodically update stakeholder matrix.
- Support the Technical Specialist to manage external relationships with Ghana Health Services, Ministry of Health, Ministry of Gender Children and Social Protection Department of Social Welfare (National, Regional and District), Local CSOs and other stakeholders where required.
- On occasion, represent m2m Ghana at facility, district, regional and national level technical meetings and forums.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the line manager.