September – March 2020
TASHAROC is a two-year programme based in Tangier and is funded by the UK Foreign & Com-monwealth Office to support the Tangier-Tétouan-Al Hoceïma (TTAH) Regional Council (RC) in the regionalisation process.
As part of the programme, TASHAROC will provide capacity building and technical assistance across a range of areas in support of the RC’s mandate. It is structured around the following three key areas:
1) strengthening the capacity of regional government bodies, primarily the TTAH RC
2) providing support to the regionalisation process, particularly on implementation and monitoring of the Plan de Developpement Regional (PDR)
3) convening opportunities for more effective dialogue and collaborative working between regional stakeholders (e.g. government institutions, civil society, media, private sector and citizens).
Scope of work
The Project Officer will provide project coordination and delivery support to the programme’s team leadership, Short Term Technical Assistance (STTA) Experts and specific output leads.
- Contribute to TASHAROC reporting requirements (Quarterly, success stories, Quarterly Per-formance Review…)
- Support the team to develop and will update monthly work plans and events calendar for the project
- Support developing and updating the project’s PEA (political economic analysis) and risk register
- Support drafting concept notes, for TASHAROC activities
- Support drafting Terms of Reference for STTA Experts
- Contribute to developing project management tools (Gantt Chart, Evaluation Matrices, etc.)
- Offer technical oversight and direction to TASHAROC short term consultants, in alignment with team leadership
- Engage effectively and professionally with TASHAROC stakeholders to maintain commit-ment and buy-in to the project’s aims
- With the support of the Monitoring and Evaluation Officer, contribute to developing pro-gress presentations
- Provide administrative and logistical support to Team members
- Translate documents as required (in Arabic, English and French)
- Attend and take notes at project meeting
- Carry out thematic research and data collection on regionalisation to promote evidence-based planning and decision-making, and effective monitoring and evaluation of RC initia-tives and programmes
- Monitoring on legal development and updates related to TASHAROC’s intervention
- Coordinate meetings between regional stakeholders in line with Project activities
- Work closely with Regional Council and Civil Society Lead to ensure project activities are de-livered in line with project work plan
- Any other relevant tasks as directed by Team Leader.
- Undergraduate Degree;
- Excellent oral and written French;
- Oral and written Arabic; Moroccan Arabic desirable;
- Oral and written English desirable;
- Experience of 2 years minimum with donor-funded projects, specifically UK funded donor programmes desirable;
- Excellent ability in report writing
- Ability to build and maintain professional relationships with a diverse range of stakehold-ers;
- Strong presentation skills
- Strong organisational ability;
- Administrative experience in a professional setting;
- Demonstrable knowledge and understanding of Moroccan politics at the regional level
This assignment is based in Tangier.
Please note that for this assignment, fluency in French, Arabic and English is essential.
Golden Resources Solutions, sub-contractor of the TASHAROC programme will contract the three selected candidates and will retain their services for an initial period of 140 days beginning on 1st of September and ending on 31st of March 2020.
Closing Date 15 August 2019