The Project Officer will be responsible for the day-to-day planning, coordination, and implementation of direct service delivery activities at m2m project site(s) including health facilities and community geolocations. The project officer will ensure that direct service delivery activities meet established quality standards and activities are implemented in line with project workplans.
Key Performance Areas:
- Provide supportive supervision, technical support, and mentorship to Facility and Community Mentor Mothers (site staff) on m2m RMNCH/PMTCT and ICTT programme standards.
- Based on identified quality gaps, initiate the development of relevant standard operating procedures (SOPs) and improvement plans for RMNCH/PMTCT programme implementation.
- Support the roll-out and implementation of COVID-19 Vaccine Preparedness activities.
- In consultation with provincial staff, plan and coordinate programme activities e.g. stakeholder meetings, community dialogues, etc.
- Plan and coordinate donor, head office personnel, Ministry of Health, and other implementing partner site visits.
Monitoring and Evaluation & Quality Assurance
- Together with site staff, jointly and routinely review Quality Assurance/Quality Improvement (QA/QI) programme performance reports and institute remedial actions to address any QA/QI issues, with a focus on Index Client Testing & Tracing (ICTT) and Active Client Follow-Up (ACFU).
- Conduct site-level routine supportive supervision, mentorship and monitoring activities on both programme and Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) functions with support from the Strategic Information Officer.
Programme Administration & Reporting
- Prepare purchase requisitions for programme related materials (M&E tools, site supplies, etc.)
- Ensure prudent use of m2m’s resources at project sites.
- Note-taking and filing of minutes of programme related meetings.
- Contribute relevant information for compilation of project reports
- Collect and prepare success stories.
Stakeholder Engagement and Representation
- Develop and periodically update stakeholder matrix.
- Support the Technical Specialist and Country Director to manage external relationships with INLS, Ministry of Health, Local CSOs and other stakeholders where required.
- On occasion, represent m2m Angola at facility, district, regional and national level technical meetings and forums.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the line manager