QED is a global consulting firm with more than 20 years of experience providing data-driven and insightful solutions in close to 100 countries. We are passionate about transforming lives through knowledge-based solutions. Leveraging deep expertise in monitoring, evaluation, global health, and learning, we help our clients collect, analyze, visualize, and ultimately use data in more effective ways. Our work maximizes results through the use of cutting-edge technologies and innovation, organizational development, and evidence-based decision-making.
The Project and Business Development Manager is a matrixed position responsible for overseeing the timely and effective management and administration of projects to which s/he is assigned and for supporting business development initiatives. For project management responsibilities, s/he will report to the Senior Project Manager and have direct supervision over assigned junior project management staff. For business development, s/he will work across the full life cycle of business development including opportunity identification, capture, and bid management and will report to the Director of Business Development. S/he will have primary responsibility for delivery of compliant and competitive submissions to a variety of donors for selected opportunities.
• Acts as overall point of contact with Contract, Finance and Accounting teams for the projects under his/her supervision
• Ensures the financial and reputational integrity of projects under his/her supervision
• Resolves complex implementation issues
• Develops activity budgets and oversee financial management of project budgets; including creating budget forecasting and projections, tracking invoices and project finances
• Reviews monthly project expenditures and send invoices to clients
• Ensures compliance in field projects with host country laws, including labor policies, tax reporting and regulations
• Liaises closely with technical staff to integrate project management and technical oversight in support of effective program delivery
• Supervises, mentors, and trains assigned Project Coordinators and Project Assistants
• Drafts contracts for consultants, subcontractors, and service providers; serve as primary reference point for contracting questions
• Leads the internal approval process for contracts for services and procurement for the assigned project
• Reviews basic legal issues for employment and procurement
• Ensures administrative and financial compliance with USG regulations, including regular review of the USAID ADS, FAR, AIDAR to ensure compliance
• Serves as point of contact for project related audits
• Reviews and oversees financial and administrative reports and other correspondence on activities and transactions related to projects in his/her portfolio
• Prepares and presents comprehensive administrative, fiscal, statistical and technical studies, reports, specifications and correspondence as required
• Works with project management team to define and promote policies in line with U.S. government regulations and conduct process improvement reviews to streamline project operations
Serves a Proposal Manager and leads QED’s proposal development and capture processes to meet the Company’s strategic objectives and annual new business goals
• Ensures timeliness and compliance of proposals by managing bid schedules, compliance checklists, trackers, etc.
• Serves as lead POC, facilitating inter-departmental collaboration to achieve proposal deliverables as related to the following:
– Talent Acquisition – responsible for liaising with the assigned Talent Acquisition contact to ensure staffing deliverables are received, verified, and formatted for submission
– Technical Services – responsible for coordinating with opportunity leads to ensure resources are secured for each section of the proposal
– Partners – facilitates partner meetings and strategy discussions during the capture and proposal process. Responsible for drafting, sending, and garnishing approvals for partner teaming agreements, ensuring TAs are returned countersigned, and storing each TA on the shared drive. Responsible for compiling and sending subcontractor requests for technical inputs, tracking, storing, and disseminating partner inputs received
• Assists with writing and production of proposals
• Leads engagement with potential partners, prepares first draft of partner scopes of work, developing, disseminating, and tracking request for subcontractor technical inputs
• Ensures communication among all parties throughout the proposal process. Lead meetings and conference calls with expanded proposal teams, including Programs, Operations, consultants and partners ensuring adherence to proposal calendar deliverables
• Assists with development of workplans, PMPs, program indicators, and other measurements
• Ensures project plans are developed and submitted
• Participates in evaluation quality assurance as assigned
• Delivers any technical tasks as assigned
• Provides quality control for project deliverables
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Minimum of 6 years managing the program administration of USAID and other donor-funded projects
- Minimum of 2-4 years business development experience
- Significant demonstrable experience in acquisition mechanisms, USAID ADS, FAR, AIDAR and other USG international regulations
- Knowledge of project management procedures for planning and processing international development projects, and for establishing plans, specifications, monitoring and management of the development projects
- Detail-oriented, experience developing/managing program budgets
- Strong time management and organizational skills; excellent English language writing and communication skills
- Willingness to travel to developing countries and post-conflict environments
- Excellent interpersonal skills, a sense of humor, and the ability to handle multiple tasks
- Fluency in English required
- Master’s Degree in international development, relations, economics, or relevant field preferred
- Fluency in and knowledge of additional languages, is a plus
- Minimum of 4-6 years managing the administration of USAID and other donor-funded projects with a Master’s preferred
- Prior experience living or working overseas is helpful
To apply for this position please follow the following steps:
- Complete the online application.
- Attach your resume/CV.
- Click on this link to complete a USAID Biodata/1420 form, fill out the form, sign it, and attach/upload it to your application.
- You may also include other documents such as cover letter and/or a work sample.
- Submit your application, resume/CV, completed biodata, and any additional documents.
Please note that applications submitted by other means; or without either a resume/CV and/or biodata may not be considered. Only finalists will be contacted; no phone calls please.
A final submitted application to QED in response to a position on a bid or proposal, indicates your agreement to be included in our submission to the client.
The QED Group, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, Minorities, Veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. AA/V/D. Reasonable accommodation requests will be considered on a case-by-case basis.