ICF is looking for a Project Manager – Mid to support a large, business analysis and management support services contract. Join our 50+ person team and help us lead IT infrastructure and modernization initiatives for our client. If you are looking for a hands-on opportunity and want to put your project management skills to use, this role may be for you.
This position is based on client site in Arlington, VA (remotely during COVID-19).
What you’ll be doing:
- Providing complex project management support to a federal CIO Project Management Office.
- Assembling teams, assigning individual responsibilities, identifying appropriate resources needed, and developing schedules to ensure the timely completion of milestones.
- Identifying potential risks and issues, designing mitigation tactics, and implementing solutions to mitigate any anticipated problems.
- In collaboration with the support team and client(s), resolves unique systems problems, accomplishes tasks within estimated timeframes and budget constraints, and may serve as a technical authority for a particular task area.
- Independently performs analysis and studies, prepares reports and gives presentations, and assists in the development of strategies and plans for the successful completion of large complex projects.
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, Computer Science, or an equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
- 5-7 years of project management experience.
- Knowledge of project management best practices, including resource allocation, task planning and progress reporting.
- Experience in change management, process improvement, root cause analysis, organizational development, and risk management.
- Experience working for government as a consultant or similar environment.
- Experience collecting/consolidating data for routine progress reporting.
- Experience in cost management, including use of Earned Value Management (EVM), developing work breakdown structures, and developing plans using ServiceNow ITBM.
- Experience working in an Agile project management environment.
- Proficiency in using project management tools (ServiceNow ITBM, PPM, Team Foundation Server) and techniques to develop project plans for software development projects.
- Advanced proficiency in analytical, organizational, project management, interpersonal and communication skills (verbal & written).
- Customer- and relationship-focused, process-driven, metric-focused, results-oriented, organized, and self-directed.
- Ability to pass a federal agency check
- US citizenship required due to government contract
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification.
- ServiceNow Project Portfolio Management (PPM) certification or experience.
- Industry standard Agile certifications.
- Team player with the flexibility and adaptability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent oral communication skills, including experience with developing and delivering presentations.
- Solid computer skills with Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Visio, Teams) and project management software.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit http://www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
We can only solve the world’s toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Virginia Client Office (VA88)