Project Manager/Program Manager for Federal Programs
ICF is seeking a Program Manager for our U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) client to support them in ensuring the Nation’s energy delivery system is secure, resilient, and reliable; to provide situational awareness during energy emergencies; help them manage and mitigate cyber threats and help them conduct response and recovery operations. This position is located on the client site in Washington, D.C.
- Serve as overall contract manager and the client’s primary point of contact for two large federal offices. Respond to the Government’s questions, concerns, and comments, as well as be proactive in alerting the Government to potential contractual or programmatic issues.
- Provide advisory administrative and management support services under the contract’s task orders, and working with task order managers, manage the contractual elements of all subcontractors and subcontractor work assignments.
- Provide exceptional customer service, including submission of any reports required by the government Contracting Officer, invoicing and monthly activity reporting, and program management reviews as requested.
- Ensure all client key performance indicators are met and the client is highly satisfied with our work and our support to their mission.
- Work collaboratively with business leads and subject matter experts (SMEs) responsible for technical delivery; work closely with task order managers and SMEs to develop and administer task order budgets, commitments, plans, schedules, specifications, staffing, and management requirements.
- Provide management oversight for some employees that support the program in administrative or program manager roles.
- Assist SMEs/task order managers with administering their task orders including tracking budgets, funding levels, expenditures, and ensuring contractual commitments are met.
You will ideally possess solid project, program, and portfolio management experience with the ability to manage and successfully oversee multiple simultaneous task orders. You should also have experience managing and leading staff with high levels of client satisfaction. You will have excellent skills servicing clients, with the ability to quickly develop relationships at all levels of the client organization. In addition, you will need:
- Bachelor’s degree and 8+ years of experience in project management or program support
- Experience managing a cross functional project team
- Experience in fast paced dynamic environment and being a hands-on problem solver and leader
- Knowledge of Project Management methodologies and tools
- Operational experience with program/project metrics tracking and reporting
- Solid knowledge of federal government contracting and budgeting processes
- Solid computer skills with Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, and Visio)
- MBA, MPP, MS in project management or other related advanced degree
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification
- Exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written to include presentations, editing and proofreading skills
- Ability to obtain and maintain a government security clearance
- Previous experience supporting energy programs desirable but not required.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world’s toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
COVID-19 Policy: New or prospective U.S. employees must provide proof of complete vaccination on the date of their commencement of employment. If selected for employment, you will provide proof of your full vaccination status, defined as vaccinated two weeks after receiving the requisite number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved or authorized for emergency use by the FDA.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
DC Client Office (DC88)