Close relatives1 of ADB staff, except spouses of international staff, are not eligible for recruitment and appointment to staff positions. Applicants are expected to disclose if they have any relative/s by consanguinity/blood, by adoption and/or by affinity/marriage presently employed in ADB.
1Close relatives refer to spouse, children, mother, father, brother and sister, niece, nephew, aunt and uncle
Staff on probation are not eligible to apply. Applicants for promotion must have served at their position for at least one year and must have normally served at their personal level for at least two years immediately preceding the date of the vacancy closing date. Applicants for lateral transfer must have served at their position and personal level for at least one year immediately preceding the date of the vacancy closing date (reference A.O. 2.03, paragraphs 5.8 and 5.9).
This vacancy is a local staff position. It is open only to nationals and residents of PRC.
Asian Development Bank (ADB) is an international development finance institution headquartered in Manila, Philippines and is composed of 68 members, 49 of which are from the Asia and Pacific region. ADB is committed to achieving a prosperous, inclusive, resilient, and sustainable Asia and the Pacific, while sustaining its efforts to eradicate extreme poverty. ADB combines finance, knowledge, and partnerships to fulfill its expanded vision under its Strategy 2030.
ADB only hires nationals of its 68 members.
To view ADB Organizational Chart, please click here.
The Project Assistant will provide diversified analytical, statistical and administrative support to the function of portfolio management including compilation of statistical data on projects and TAs, organizing and maintaining records, contact with the public, preparing correspondence and reports, assistance for visiting ADB missions and other appropriate functions as required. The incumbent will report to designated International Staff (IS) and Senior National Staff (NS).
- Assists in monitoring of PRC loan processing and administration, and updating status including loan negotiations and loan signing;
- Supports the portfolio management supervisors to collect and monitor the knowledge product from PRCM managed projects;
- Assists in compiling statistical data on projects/TAs and processes such data into meaningful reports for inclusion in the RM’s portfolio review papers including those for country project review meetings and provincial project review meetings;
- Maintains computer-based information system for project administration matters, and supervises the maintenance of related documents, records and files for delegated projects;
- Assists as required in drafting various papers, for example, back-to-office reports, project completion reports, routine faxes and letters on project implementation matters, etc.
- Backstops other Project Analysts and directly assists the HQ senior national staff responsible for the RMs’ overall portfolio management.
- Provides efficient oral communications with internal and external clients, such as dealing with queries and ensure that the queries are referred in a timely manner to the concerned staff;
- Provides support in logistics arrangements for workshops and trainings undertaken by the Portfolio Management Unit, collation and reproduction of workshops and trainings documents;
- Performs any other duties as required and reflected in the incumbent’s workplan.
Relevant Experience & Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least 5 years of relevant professional experience, preferably has some experience in an international organization
- Good typing skills; good knowledge of stenography preferred
- Good computer skills with sound knowledge of common word-processing, spreadsheets and graphics software
- Able to manage priorities and workload within general schedule of work, instructions and standardized practices
- Able to liaise and work effectively with staff within own work location
- Able to work collaboratively with teams as a constructive team member
- Good oral and written communication skills in English
- Able to work with individuals from different cultural/national backgrounds; good interpersonal and communication skills and able to maintain composure under pressure
- Please refer to the link for ADB Competency Framework for Administrative Staff Levels 1 – 3 https://www.adb.org/sites/default/files/page/42368/adb-competencies-admin-staff-1-3-201908.pdf and Administrative Staff Levels 4 – 5 https://www.adb.org/sites/default/files/page/42368/adb-competencies-admin-staff-4-5-201908.pdf
The selected candidate, if new to ADB, is appointed for an initial term of 3 years.
ADB offers competitive remuneration and a comprehensive benefits package. Actual appointment salary will be based on ADB’s standards and computation, taking into account the selected individual’s qualifications and experience.
ADB seeks to ensure that everyone is treated with respect and given equal opportunities to work in an inclusive environment. ADB encourages all qualified candidates to apply regardless of their racial, ethnic, religious and cultural background, gender, sexual orientation or disabilities. Women are highly encouraged to apply.
Please note that the actual level and salary will be based on qualifications of the selected candidate.