Founded in 1972, IFOAM – Organics International is the agent of change advocating for true sustainability in agriculture, value chains, and consumption. We are an international NGO working on behalf of our membership located in 120 counties and the global organic movement. We promote a holistic approach to food systems based on the principles of health, ecology, fairness, and care.
It’s an exciting time to join our team! With the 2017 launch of our organizational strategy, we are expanding our activities and are looking for a Project and Finance Administration Coordinator to support our Financial Controller and project teams. Our projects are primarily co-funded by international, institutional donor agencies. As Project and Finance Administrative Coordinator, you will be involved in a range of project activities, from contributing to project development by creating and applying financial tools in line with donor requirements to supporting project coordinators and project partners with project accounting, monitoring, and reporting. You will join a culturally diverse 26-member team at our office in Bonn, Germany. You will report to our Financial Controller.
- Report financial project accounts according to the rules and requirements of our donor agencies. IFOAM – Organics International currently works with six institutional donors (BMZ, BuZa, EU, GIZ, SIDA, SDC) and several smaller donor organizations;
- Support in project proposal development by designing appropriate budgets in line with donor requirements;
- Design and monitor cash flow and other budget monitoring tools on time and independently;
- Ensure smooth collaboration with our project coordinators and global partner organizations for appropriate and high-quality administration and financial management of all projects;
- Liaise with project partners and provide guidance in accounting as well as budget monitoring and reporting;
- Ensure reconciliation of financial reports and timely submission of donor reports.
- Support the Financial Controller with project accounting and donor-related administration;
- Prepare and support project audits;
Experience and Qualifications
- Degree/education in a relevant subject (e.g. finance, project management, administration, or equivalent);
- 4+ years’ relevant professional experience (e.g. project accounting, implementing international donor requirements); work experience with organizations in the Global South valued;
- Good understanding of international donor requirements for development projects;
- Experience in NGO bookkeeping, including a general understanding of balance sheets, profit and loss reconciliation as well as German trade law (Handelsgesetzbuch) or another GAAP system (Generally Accepted Accounting Principles);
- Fluent in English and German, knowledge of additional languages (e.g. French and/or Spanish) valued;
- High computer literacy and experienced in bookkeeping systems – expert in MS Excel or equivalent software;
- Well-organized with strong time-management skills with ability to work under pressure and deliver on tight deadlines;
- Responsible, reliable, and service-oriented, a proactive team player, able to work collaboratively in a multicultural and interdisciplinary team.
We offer a full-time (40 hours/week) position within a dynamic and multicultural team at a well-established and growing international organization. Applicants seeking a part-time arrangement (at least 80% of the full-time equivalency) will be considered. A two-year contract with the possibility of extension is foreseen for this position. IFOAM – Organics International offers an annual salary equivalent to those of other international NGOs of a similar size in Bonn, Germany. Experience-level and relevant specialized skills may influence the salary level.