About ICF’s Transportation Practice
ICF’s Transportation Practice specializes in addressing complex planning, policy, and program issues at the nexus of transportation and the environment, energy, and communities. ICF’s work focuses on integrated approaches that support sustainable transportation decisions, addressing mobility, safety, environmental, social, and economic effects of transportation. Our work includes strategic planning, research, policy analysis, outreach, training, and program evaluation for federal, state, and local governments, including the U.S. Department of Transportation, the Transportation Research Board, state transportation and environmental agencies, and metropolitan planning organizations, as well as local governments. We specialize in evaluating the impacts of infrastructure projects, programs, and government policies; developing guidebooks; and documenting best practices related to integrated planning, transportation operations, and the environment.
We are seeking a Program Support Specialist to provide full-time support to the US Department of Transportation. The individual chosen for this position will provide planning and technical support for client meetings and workshops; process and track a range of administrative processes related to HR, travel, and finance; and provide research and communication support across all programmatic areas of the client office. This position is currently remote but is expected to eventually require the ability to be onsite at the Federal Highway Administration offices located at the Department of Transportation Headquarters in the Washington DC area.
This position will support a variety of general administrative, programmatic, and technical support duties, including, but not limited to the following tasks:
- Event Planning Support and Coordination
- Provide planning, technical, and facilitation support for virtual and onsite meetings, workshops, webinars, and other events
- Create event materials (e.g., PowerPoint presentations, meeting agendas, surveys) using input from several authors for internal and external audiences
- Capture meeting minutes and action items for leadership and participants
- Coordinate event scheduling and travel logistics, preparing expense and reimbursement reports
- Administrative and Operational
- Organize, develop, and maintain content and archived files for office-wide program-level SharePoint/MS Teams sites
- Support implementation of administrative processes to manage and track staff requests
- Assist staff with a range of HR-related processes and requests for information
- Technical and Communications
- Prepare high-level internal and external correspondence, reports, and other documents
- Prepare web-ready documents for publication, and distribute information through traditional mailing lists or government-certified electronic media
- Coordinate periodic review with program/project managers on program status, project progression, potential problems, and desired solutions
- Execute routine quality assurance checks of internal and external sites
- Research tools and methods for improved project/program management
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 3 years of relevant professional experience
- Sound business ethics, including the protection of proprietary and confidential information
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with experience developing executive-level reports, minutes, memos, briefs, and correspondence
- Demonstrated experience planning and supporting virtual and onsite meetings, including operating web conferencing systems (e.g., Microsoft Teams, Adobe Connect, WebEx)
- High proficiency in Microsoft Teams/SharePoint for file sharing, communication, and virtual meeting facilitation
- High proficiency in computer skills, including in Microsoft applications (e.g., Outlook, Word, SharePoint, Excel, PowerPoint) and Adobe Acrobat
- Strong interpersonal skills and a “customer service” mentality with the ability to work effectively both independently and collaboratively with other team members
- Experience providing both virtual and onsite technical/program support for civilian agency and/or government
- Experience with project management tools, travel processing systems, and financial reporting
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit http://www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
DC Client Office (DC88)