Working Title: Program Officer
Internal Title: IN Program Officer
Location: Vijayawada, Andhra Pradesh
Reports to: Technical Officer, Nutrition
Division: Nutrition, Family Health
PATH is a global nonprofit dedicated to achieving health equity. With more than 40 years of experience forging multisector partnerships, and with expertise in science, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales up innovative solutions to the world’s most pressing health challenges.
About the program:
PATH seeks to recruit a Program Officer (PO) to support the Government of Andhra Pradesh in the implementation of rice fortification in the State. The PO will work under the overall guidance of the Technical Officer (TO) and National Team, to support implementation of rice fortification project. PO will be responsible for providing technical and operational assistance to the TO in implementing PATH’s fortification projects in the states, which includes advocacy, partner management, capacity building, monitoring and reporting functions.
Role & responsibilities:
- Lead the design and implementation of rice fortification through the Public Distribution System (PDS) at the state level, including marketing strategies to enhance uptake among PDS consumers.
- Facilitation of deliverables in the program, obtain necessary government approvals and from relevant government authorities as appropriate to address the proper implementation.
- Monitor the technical aspects of ongoing project activities through field visits, meetings with millers, government officials, analyse the progress reports and prepare project briefs.
- Implementation of the training and capacity building programs for stakeholders on fortification of rice, QA/QC, M&E.
- Expand fortified rice production through blending with FRK in the State and support for installation of blending system and FRK extrusion system as appropriate.
- Assess and identify appropriate blending and validation equipment for small and medium sized rice mills and warehouse.
- Support state department on empanelment of NABL laboratories for fortified rice testing and ensuring QA/QC protocols as per FSSAI guidelines.
- Develop case studies of the various distribution pilots in order to disseminate best practices, as well as further engage entities the supply and distribution chain, enlist the support of policymakers, and cultivate new buyers.
- Lead the on-going development of an M&E system. Support state government departments in compilation of district level data/ reports received from rice fortification projects, identify gaps and suggest necessary corrective actions.
- Undertake stock assessment of fortified rice and FRKs through MIS for effective implementation.
- Support evaluation studies and formative research being carried out in the state.
- Dissemination and support in development of SBC materials in the regional languages, training modules, monitoring tools for the state government on rice fortification.
- Drive forward efforts to further optimize the formulation, equipment or manufacturing process parameters with R&D partners.
- Successful project delivery will include full implementation from initiation to deployment for one major or several minor initiatives simultaneously in the respective state.
- Reporting on program progress, trainings, workshops and meetings for the rice fortification project in the state across ICDS/MDM/PDS.
- Work towards inter-departmental coordination by leading and supporting State TSU.