The International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI) seeks a qualified candidate to fill the position of Project Manager for IFPRI – South Asia Regional Office for a one-year, fixed-term appointment. Under the supervision of a Research Fellow and working in close collaboration with Director of South Asia, the project manager will coordinate different projects under South Asia Regional Office including a project on Agricultural Public Resource Allocation in India . This position is based at IFPRI-SAR, in New Delhi, India. Interested applicants must have work authorization to work in India.
Essential Duties :
Support in research and management of activities related to project done by IFPRI and in collaboration with other CGIAR centers, private sector partners and civil society, in South Asian countries.
Coordinate and implement project activities.
Collaborate with principal researchers on the different research activities being implemented.
Coordinate with donors and stakeholders.
Writes and edits reports, papers, policy briefs, and journal articles.
Design presentation and outreach materials.
Required Qualifications :
- Master’s degree or equivalent advanced degree in Economics, Agricultural Economics, Statistics, Development Studies, or related fields with three years of relevant work experience conducting or managing research projects.
- Knowledge of program management skills: demonstrated experience in successfully coordinating multiple research activities and managing deliverables.
- Demonstrated experience in interacting and communicating with various stakeholders (donors, governments, non-governmental organizations and research organizations) and diverse audiences
- Excellent writing and communication skills in English
- Excellent computer skills and experience using statistical software packages, especially Stata
- Ability to work independently and pay close attention to detail
- Good interpersonal skills, high energy, ability to multi-task and work well with people
- Willingness and ability to travel within and outside India.
Preferred Qualifications :
- Prior experience with research-related data collection and analysis
- Experience working with international and national researchers
- Prior work experience with research organizations in India.