The International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI) seeks a qualified candidate to fill the position of Project Manager in New Delhi, India for a two-year, renewable appointment. Working in close collaboration with Research Fellow/Senior Research Fellows, the Project Manager will support the CGIAR Research Program on Agriculture for Nutrition and Health (A4NH) in coordinating several of its activities under the agriculture-nutrition portfolio.This position will be based at IFPRI India office in New Delhi. Interested applicants must have work authorization to work in India.
• Coordinate and monitor the A4NH research program with national and CGIAR partners, stakeholders and government officials
• Prepare project reports, including summaries of project activities, achievements against milestones, and progress against deliverables
• Support senior researcher in implementing research plans of A4NH with stakeholder engagement
• Plan and conduct literature review and surveys, analyze the data, and assist in preparing presentations as needed.
• Organize meetings, workshops and conferences with partners and stakeholders
• Support activities related to communications and knowledge mobilization (media engagement, stakeholder consultations, writing blogs, preparation of research and policy briefs).
• Support activities of Gender Equity and Empowerment and Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Unit staff from A4NH
• Travel, as needed, within country or internationally
• Master’s degree or equivalent in Public Health, Nutrition or related field, Development Studies, Agricultural Economics, Statistics, Economics.
• Minimum of three years of relevant post-Masters’ work experience.
• Experience using statistical software packages, especially Stata.
• Prior work experience with research organizations
• Excellent spoken and written English; good written skills are crucial.
• Ability to work independently, and pay close attention to detail.
• Good interpersonal skills, high energy, ability to multi-task and work well with people.
• Willingness and ability to travel within the country, and internationally.
• Prior experience working with research, government and development institutions in country
• Experience working with international and national researchers will be an advantage.
• Experience with and/or exposure to qualitative research methods.
• Knowledge of agriculture, nutrition or health programmes in country