Under the supervision of the Country Representative, the Program Manager will support the implementation of multiple projects in Bangladesh.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following, other duties may be assigned:
- Lead day-to-day running of projects, including recruiting, hiring, managing and training local trainers, liaising with partners, media outlets and journalists
- Oversee implementation of projects, including tracking of budgets, subgrants/contract, and monitoring and evaluation requirements in coordination with field offices and Internews HQ
- Work closely with local partner organizations to ensure high quality and timely delivery of projects
- Ensure timely and high-quality submissions of donor reports (includes writing and editing, in English)
- Represent the project with donors and other development stakeholders, when required
- Liaise with Internews HQ offices on all contracts, subgrants, procurement and payments
- Implement activities related to communication with the public and news media on program activities and accomplishments, as well as public relations
- Represent organization at various conferences and events
- Engage national and local authorities to obtain permission for project activities
- Understanding of and demonstrated commitment to upholding Internews’ Core Values
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Minimum 7-10 years’ media/journalism/communications and/or project management experience; USAID project experience preferred.
- Experience in leading projects, including budget management, reporting and M&E
- Proven ability to develop and monitor work plans and training plans
- Knowledge of, and proven experience in, budget management, projections and grant management
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple on-going assignments
- Excellent communication skills; strong writing skills (in English)
- Proficient in MS Office
- Ability to adjust to shifting political circumstances and create programming accordingly
- Relevant university degree required