We are International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI), a global consulting firm working some of the most complex and impactful development problems worldwide. We work on programs that help government agencies, private companies and donors improve the lives of others. At IBTCI you will be part of an inclusive team that provides expert solutions and advice to understand and address critical problems while giving you opportunities to succeed and grow.
Job Title: Program Associate
Department/Location: Institutional Support and Program Implementation (ISPI)
Reports To: Principal, ISPI
Type: Regular Full-Time
IBTCI is seeking a Program Associate for our ISPI practice to work in our Vienna, VA home office. The Program Associate will provide operational, financial, logistics, and administrative support for projects; conduct research to inform strategic positioning and opportunity capture; contribute to the development of ISPI contract promotional materials and announcements; and support new business development. This full-time position starts immediately. The individual hired would work a minimum of one day in the Vienna, VA office and remotely four days each week until IBTCI offices open fully following public health safety considerations due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Essential Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Participate in project award start-up, including the identification, onboarding, and mobilizing IBTCI ISPI contract employees and consultants.
- Track project activities, short-and long-term milestones, and personnel.
- Maintain regular communication with ISPI contract employees and consultants to ensure they receive all the necessary support to complete their work/assignments effectively.
- Support the preparation of project-related employment and consulting agreements.
- Support the tracking of expenditures and monitoring of project budgets.
- Support preparation of contract assignment budgets.
- Administer or facilitate client and consultant surveys and conduct quarterly analysis of results.
- Monitor and track contract and assignment progress.
- Track and support the development of high-quality project reports, work plans, and other deliverables and ensure timely submission to the client.
- Liaise with contract partner organizations when necessary.
- Provide as-needed support to IBTCI ISPI project personnel.
- Identify and improve on standard operating procedures to improve project management and performance.
- Conduct market research and analysis to inform strategic positioning, teaming, capture planning, and proposal development.
- Participate in the identification and recruitment of project personnel with specialized expertise.
- Coordinate proposal development efforts, including recruitment, partner coordination, and editing of proposal sections.
- Contribute to the development of ISPI promotion and marketing materials.
- Support coordination with consortium partners on business development and project activities.
- Coordinate and support ISPI proposal development meetings.
- Other duties/tasks as assigned.
- At least one (1) year of related project assistance, coordination, or management professional experience, ideally in the field of international development.
- Fluency in oral and written English language; excellent communications and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated attention to detail and ability to work autonomously and meet deadlines.
- Excellent writing, research, and organizational skills.
- Full proficiency in MS Office suite including Word and PowerPoint.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks under tight deadlines.
- Proven ability to function as part of and to contribute to a team effort.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Familiarity with USAID operations.
- Spanish language skills.
- Understanding of MS Project.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in international affairs, economics, business administration, English or related field.
Working Environment: Work is typically performed in a corporate office environment.
Physical Requirements: This is largely a sedentary position that requires the ability to speak, hear, see, and lift small objects up to 20 lbs.
Supervisory Responsibility: This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
Travel: International travel may be required and may include travel to fragile and/or conflict-prone zones.
Work Authorization: Candidate must be authorized to work in the U.S.A. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
IBTCI is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, disabled veteran or Vietnam-era veteran, or any other classification protected by applicable anti-discrimination laws. We prohibit and do not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
If you are an applicant with a disability that requires a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process or are limited in the ability, or unable to use the online application system and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact Human Resources at 703-749-0100.