Starting Date: 10/19/2020
The Africa Division of World Education, Inc. is seeking a Program Associate to join the Boston-based team which supports programs in sub-Saharan Africa. Programs are implemented in partnership with local institutions, and are designed to build the skills and strengthen the capacity of local partners. Program activities focus on developing strong civil society organizations and sustainable service delivery at the community level in areas that include: education, youth development, community participation, literacy, microenterprise/microfinance and HIV prevention. The Program Associate will provide support to project teams to ensure the timeliness and accuracy of project documentation.
- Have a thorough understanding of World Educationâ€™s mission, organizational structure, financial and program management policies, and strategic areas of intervention;
- Support new business development activities, including tracking funding opportunities, assisting in production of proposals, and performing background research for contract and grant proposals;
- Provide administrative support to the division;
- Maintain project financial files, ensuring documentation is complete and audit ready;
- Review field office financial documentation for compliance and audit readiness;
- Regularly communicate with field team to review outstanding issues and questions;
- Assist staff in the project budgeting and planning process;
- Provide general office support;
- Participate in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor degree
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated and able to work independently
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word
- Strong interest in the finance and administrative aspects of international development
- French, Arabic and Portuguese language skills are a plus but not a requirement
Salary commensurate with experience.
Interested candidates should submit their resumes and cover letters online by 10/05/2020.
No phone calls please.
Principals only please.