The Program Associate will support the India Program Director in the rapid roll-out and implementation of a media literacy project and help in execution of other program activities.
NOTE: Hiring for this position is depeneant upon future funding.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Duties and responsibilities include the following, but not limited to below (other duties may be assigned)
- Support the Program Director / department / remote team to plan and execute trainings and other relevant program activities – both offline and online
- Support the Program Director / department / remote team in preparing proposals, reports, presentations and budgets
- Write, edit, proofread, revise and assemble communication / outreach material for the program
- Coordinate with local partners, stakeholders and program staff to ensure project deliverables are on track
- Track project activity schedules and program impact and turn them into engaging reports
- Follow-up communications with partners / various project stakeholders via emails / dedicated communication groups / channels
- Assist the Program Director with project oversight, including financial tracking and progress towards program deliverables
- Provide field staff / local partners with support such as research, correspondence and procurement as requested
- Represent Internews to partners, other NGOs, funders, government officials and at events as requested
- Research and communicate with stakeholders domestically and abroad on issues involving the media, civil society, freedom of press, health and the environment, children’s rights and women’s issues
- Travel for project related events as and when required
- Maintain awareness of media development issues on the Indian subcontinent and be prepared to add contextual background to reports, discussions with donors and partners, and internal discussions with Internews’ Asia team
- Understanding of and demonstrated commitment to upholding Internews’ Core Values.
- 3+ years of development project planning / management / implementation or equivalent media experience OR a relevant advanced degree
- Experience in organizing events / trainings / webinars
- Experience preparing proposals, reports and budgets
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Comfortable with MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint Or GSuite apps
- Willingness to travel for program related events
- Proven ability to multi-task and prioritize efficiently
- Proven ability to operate effectively in a multicultural environment
- Excellent relationship building with stakeholders
- Familiarity with Indian civil society landscape
- Experience in projects involving the media, civil society, freedom of press, health and the environment, children’s rights and women’s issues will be preferred
- Media literacy related experience will be a big plus
- Social media prowess / digital marketing skills
- Experience in working for / managing an international program
This position is being offered and hired by Internews Network. Benefits will be consistent with Internews Network’s offerings and will be reviewed during the hiring process. Additional information can be found on our About Working for Internews page.