International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI), a U.S. based international development consulting company established in 1987, has worked in over one hundred countries and implemented over two hundred projects. IBTCI serves government agencies, private sector companies and several donor agencies. IBTCI provides technical assistance to USAID across many sectors including, but not limited to health, democracy and governance, economic growth, education, environment, and biodiversity.
Job Title: Program Assistant (Junior) for USAID/Asia
Department/Location: Washington, DC
Reports To: Program Director
Type: Full time employment
Overview: IBTCI is seeking an Executive Assistant to provide executive administration support for USAID/Asia Bureau and Missions, which includes provision of all aspects of administrative management, correspondence, and record management as requested by USAID. This position is contingent upon award.
Essential Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Conducting project document review including support to contract/grant proposal review.
- Maintaining contact lists, visitor lists, and calendars.
- Reviewing documents and correspondence for format, grammar, content, and messaging prior to obtaining Bureau or Office leadership signature.
- Maintaining electronic and hard copy files in compliance with Agency policy.
- Appropriately maintaining classified information including the classified safe and duty log, and ensuring that classified files are organized in accordance with federal and Agency regulations.
- Logging, processing, tracking, and filing all incoming and outgoing correspondence.
- Receiving and responding to incoming calls and visitors.
- Arranging travel, including itineraries, transportation, and lodging; assisting in the preparation of travel authorizations and vouchers.
- As needed, accompany USAID Bureau staff on overseas travel to provide administrative and logistics support.
- Tracking program outcomes and progress.
- Tracking funding levels.
- Strong communication skill both verbal and written
- Ability to organize and plan with a high level of detail.
- Proficiency in the use of Google and Microsoft Office Suite is required.
- Fluency in English is required
- Work with USAID
- Familiarity with USAID program cycles, regulations, procedures
- Related contractor or NGO work
Education: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in a relevant field, (e.g., international development/relations, public administration) and 3-4 years of professional experience, OR High School diploma and 7 years of professional experience.
Working Environment: Work is typically performed in an office environment
Supervisory Responsibility: This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
Physical Requirements: This is largely a sedentary position that requires the ability to speak, hear, see, and lift small objects up to 20 lbs.
Travel: International travel may be required.
No phone calls please. All candidates will be contacted, but only final candidates for particular activities will be contacted.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
IBTCI is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, disabled veteran or Vietnam-era veteran, or any other classification protected by applicable anti-discrimination laws. We prohibit and do not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
If you are an applicant with a disability that requires a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process or are limited in the ability, or unable to use the online application system and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact Human Resources at 703-749-0100.