Temporary Program Assistant
Based in: Washington DC
Reports to: Senior Associate Program Manager
Department: Global Operations, Africa
Status: 6 month temporary position with possibility of extension
Who we are
Population Services International (PSI) is the world’s leading non-profit social marketing organization. We are a diverse group of over 5,000 entrepreneurial development professionals located in over 40 countries committed to making it easier for all people to lead healthier lives and plan the families they desire. PSI is using it’s global presence and 50+ years of experience to help reimagine healthcare. We are working to shape market systems, shift policy and funding, and strengthen global capacity to better support consumer empowered healthcare.
Supports PSI’s operational excellence and execution of quality and standards by providing wide-ranging administrative and operational support to a market group or technical team. Liaises with global technical and service departments and network members/country project teams to support routine administrative needs and daily activities.
- Provides routine administrative support for daily operations, project management, and general functioning of assigned portfolio.
- Provides basic financial management support, including assisting with basic team budget management, procurement and payment of consultants, vendors, subrecipients and other services, and management and reconciliation of purchasing card.
- Provides support for knowledge management activities, including the design of tools and systems for knowledge management and information tracking, creation and maintenance of internal filing systems, maintenance of online communications site(s), and development of communications materials.
What are we looking for?
- Associate’s degree (or international equivalent) in a related field.
- Bachelor’s Degree (or international equivalent) in a related field preferred.
- Some work experience.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong computer skills in MS Office applications.
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills with special attention to detail and timeliness.
- Relevant language skills per country and program portfolio; French and English preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.
References will be required.
The successful candidate will be required to pass a background check.
Must be authorized to work in the United States. N.B. PSI will not consider work visa sponsorship for this position.
The candidate we hire will embody PSI’s corporate values:
Measurement: You use hard evidence to make decisions and guide your work. You set clear goalposts in advance and explain clearly if you need to move them.
Pragmatism: You’ll strive to deliver the best possible result with the resources available. You won’t be paralyzed by a need to make things perfect.
Honesty: You own your mistakes and are open about your shortcomings – it’s the only way you’ll learn and improve.
Collaboration: You’ll quickly establish a mental map of whom you can rely on for what, on your team, at headquarters, and in our country offices – if you try to do it all yourself, you won’t succeed.
Trust: You accept limits to your sphere of control and give colleagues the benefit of the doubt.
Commitment: You are in it for the long-haul and want to grow with the organization, just like PSI serves its consumers and partners with host-country governments through thick and thin.
PSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of actual or perceived race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, personal appearance, matriculation, political affiliation, family status or responsibilities, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, childbirth, related medical conditions or breastfeeding, genetic information, amnesty, veteran, special disabled veteran or uniform service member status or employment status.
ACCESSIBILITY NOTICE: If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process due to a physical or mental disability, please send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org or call (202)785-0072.