Based in: Washington, D.C.
Reports to: Senior Program Manager
Department: Global Operations (LAC, Asia, Global Fund) & OpEx
Who we are
With over 50 years of experience, working in over 40+ countries, Population Services International (PSI) is the world’s leading non-profit social marketing organization. PSI is reimagining healthcare, by putting the consumer at the center, and wherever possible – bringing care to the front door. We are working to fix market failures, shape future health markets and shift policy and funding to better support consumer powered healthcare.
There are over 5,000 “PSI’ers” around the world. We are a diverse group of entrepreneurial development professionals with a wide range of backgrounds and experience. All with unique skills that we bring to the critically important work that we do.
The Global Operations (Asia, LAC, Global Fund) department has diverse program portfolios in Asia, Latin America and the Caribbean, and countries where PSI is a Global Fund Prime Recipient. We are seeking a Program Assistant to provide administrative, programmatic, and financial backstopping support to a diverse range of programs across Central America and Southeast Asia. While every day is different, the Program Assistant plays a critical role supporting administrative functions across the award management life cycle, liaising with field and headquarters-based teams to ensure excellence in award management.
- Provides routine administrative support for daily operations, project management, and general functioning of assigned portfolio.
- Provides basic financial management support, including assisting with basic team budget management, procurement and payment of consultants, vendors, subrecipients and other services, and management and reconciliation of purchasing card.
- Provides support for knowledge management activities, including the design of tools and systems for knowledge management and information tracking, creation and maintenance of internal filing systems, maintenance of online communications site(s), and development of communications materials.
What are we looking for?
- Associate’s degree (or international equivalent) in a related field.
- Bachelor’s Degree (or international equivalent) in a related field preferred.
- Some work experience.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong computer skills in MS Office applications.
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills with special attention to detail and timeliness.
- Relevant language skills per country and program portfolio.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States.
- References will be required.
- The successful candidate will be required to pass a background check.
The candidate we hire will embody PSI’s corporate values:
Collaboration: You can work independently but thrive within a team.
Trust: You trust that your manager and team will have your back and care deeply about gaining that same trust from your teammates
Pragmatism: You dive in and maintain momentum even when things are ambiguous, and you don’t let perfect get in the way of good enough.
Honesty: You aren’t afraid to speak up and speak your mind.
Measurement: You set clear and challenging goals and hold yourself accountable to driving measurable results.
Commitment: You are independent and a free thinker, but you’re ready to buy in to the direction of the team and commit to its success.
Status: Non- Exempt
PSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of actual or perceived race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, personal appearance, matriculation, political affiliation, family status or responsibilities, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, childbirth, related medical conditions or breastfeeding, genetic information, amnesty, veteran, special disabled veteran or uniform service member status or employment status.
ACCESSIBILITY NOTICE: If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process due to a physical or mental disability, please send an email to: email@example.com or call (202)785-0072.