RTI International has been working in Asia for more than 35 years, providing technical assistance, institutional strengthening, and program support on behalf of governments, foundations, and private-sector clients. Together with our local partners, we deliver science-based solutions and advisory and technical services to help countries across South and Southeast Asia achieve national, regional, and local goals—in health, education, economic growth, governance and public policy, and environmental management.
RTI maintain 15 projects in Asia region with its offices located in Indonesia, Thailand, Cambodia, Philippines, Laos, India, and Nepal. RTI Asia Regional Office (ARO) based in Jakarta, Indonesia supports RTI projects implementation in Asia Region.
RTI is a prime contractor of USAID-PNG Electrification Partnership (PEP), this is a five (5) year project funded by United States Agency for International Development (USAID) Papua New Guinea. The project aims to help Papua New Guinea (PNG) achieve its goal of connecting 70% of its population to electricity by 2030. To accomplish this goal, RTI aims to reach a target of at least 350,000 new electricity connections and institutionalize key strategies that will enable PNG to achieve such by the end of the Activity.
RTI International is currently accepting applications for Procurement Manager for USAID-PEP project in Papua New Guinea.
The Procurement Manager will provide full support to the Project by overseeing the Procurement processes in adherence to the RTI procurement systems and procedures. The Procurement Manager will provide technical support to the Regional Managers in the project offices in the regions to ensure that procurement procedures are efficiently implemented and are consistent with the RTI systems. He/she will report to the Finance and Operations Director, Operations and will be based in Port Moresby.
- Ensure the compliance of procurement activities to RTI policies.
- Recommend ways by which these policies can be adapted to the evolving context without sacrificing the spirit of the policy, with strategies that support effective and timely implementation of activities.
- In collaboration with Unit Heads, lead in developing an annual strategic procurement plan based on approved annual work plan.
- Lead in the development of handbooks on procurement that are very specific to the project for guidance of all units.
- Coordinate the issuance of procurement solicitation documents (Request for Quotations, Request for Proposals, and Purchase Orders), and negotiate for assigned procurements such as commodities/goods/materials, and services in accordance with RTI policies and procedures.
- Identify and develop qualified suppliers for abroad range of commodities and services in support of the project activities with the goal to ensuring open competition, efficiency, price reasonableness and overall best value in procurement.
- Manage project-level procurement processes and coordinate closely with the Asia Regional Office for approval of procurements according to levels of authority.
- Maintain a transparent procurement procedure in adherence to RTI systems and procedures.
- Contribute to the review and updating of the Operations Manual.
- Effectively negotiate with suppliers on a wide variety of commodities/goods/materials and services for the best overall value of money to the project.
- Lead in monitoring and evaluating the performance of vendors in terms of quality, reliability, timeliness, and price.
- Develop the capacity of all staff involved in the procurement process.
- Contribute to the preparation of project reports.
- Maintain procurement files including records on the solicitation process and vendor monitoring
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Finance and Operations Director.
Minimum Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Business Administration or related field and 8 years of relevant experience or Master’s degree and 6 years of relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Additional professional training in procurement management, preferred
- Demonstrated experience in procurement operations of USAID-funded projects, preferred
- Knowledge and understanding of best practices in procurement procedures, preferable to understand USAID rules and regulations, project administration and follow-up, and contracts management.
- Demonstrated strong analytical thinking and pro-active problem-solving and proven capacity to work under pressure
- Experience with procurement of conferences and workshops for large group of attendees
- Experience with procurement of electrification area is preferred.
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to organize and can set work priorities
- Can work independently and demonstrate willingness to learn new systems.
- Strong organizational and management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate and manage supplier and service provider relations.
- Strong computer skills: Microsoft Office Applications
- Willingness to travel to the field offices
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work as part of a team.
- Proven strong written and verbal communication skills in English.
Physical and Mental Demands
- Frequently communicating with other people within RTI and outside of RTI
- Ability to handle stress associated with frequent meetings, multiple and tight deadlines
- Ability to work in excess of 40 hours per week as workload and deadlines may require
- Ability to travel to Project field offices and project areas as may be required.
- Ability to keep calm and think through issues and concerns
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.