To manage and oversee the implementation and operating performance of the PPP projects under his/her portfolio. To deliver quality monitoring and supervise assets under the portfolio as well as to identify the risk for his/her portfolio. Good understanding of legal documentation required to support Project Finance transactions, both for IsDB as an individual lender as well as part of a consortium of lenders.
To write reports, as deemed necessary, on individual projects / portfolio for reporting purposes. Responsible for PPP portfolio assigned to him / her, jobholder shares his knowledge and experience with the Investment and Advisory teams to help support and strengthen their understanding of the challenges within PPP projects.
- Participate in preparation of the budget and annual work program
- Contribute and participate to the development and implementation of efficient and effective practices, procedures and systems in order to streamline Division’s activities
Policies, Processes and Procedures
- Ensure Portfolio Management unit activities are in compliance with IDB’s policies and procedures
- Interact with other divisions and departments to maintain compliance in all aspects
Business and Partnership Development
- Maintain relationships with clients, global and regional businesses, banking and multilateral partners, and government officials
- Coordinate with development partners and private sector financiers to ensure best practices are followed in PPP Investment
- Support the PPP Portfolio management function, and be the focal point for lessons learnt, best practices and compliance to guidelines for his/her portfolio;
- Undertake an effective portfolio follow-up / monitoring of financed projects till repayment of total amount of Bank’s financing.
- Contribute to the quality of non-sovereign projects portfolio, including reviewing and clearing disbursement requests, overseeing project implementation and supervising operational performance until full repayment of exposure of IsDB
- Support portfolio lead on problematic and complex projects.
- Lead the implementation of Early Warning System (EWS) to identify problematic projects at early stage.
- Monitor overall performance of the assigned portfolio and undertake necessary follow-up actions to minimize risks.
- In consultation with the Legal Department, review and prepare all required and necessary legal documentation for the financing
Knowledge Sharing & Innovation
- Maintain in depth knowledge as of global economy business conditions and Islamic financial industry to contribute / participate in preparing country and sector strategy.
- Maintain and share knowledge of emerging best practices and lessons learnt relating to PPP investment portfolio
- Prepare and disseminate briefing notes and information materials on issues of concern related to PPP operations and portfolio
Reporting and communication
- Contribute to the production of sector papers, regional studies, operational reports, etc…
- Master’s degree in Finance, Economics, Business Administration or any other related field
- English (Mandatory)
- Arabic (Preferred)
- French (Preferred)
Minimum number of years and nature of experience
- 3-5 years of relevant experience in project finance, portfolio management, credit review & monitoring, etc.
Job specific competencies
- MS Office
- Communication effectiveness (oral and written)
- Planning & organizing
- Well-developed Negotiation skills
- Project management
- Advance Financial (Balance Sheet) Analysis
- Drive for results
- Analytical thinking
- Problem solving
- Passion for excellence
Jeddah, Head Office
20% or more depending on project involvement