Close relatives1 of ADB staff, except spouses of international staff, are not eligible for recruitment and appointment to staff positions. Applicants are expected to disclose if they have any relative/s by consanguinity/blood, by adoption and/or by affinity/marriage presently employed in ADB.
1Close relatives refer to spouse, children, mother, father, brother and sister, niece, nephew, aunt and uncle
Staff on probation are not eligible to apply. Applicants for promotion must have served at their position for at least one year and must have normally served at their personal level for at least two years immediately preceding the date of the vacancy closing date. Applicants for lateral transfer must have served at their position and personal level for at least one year immediately preceding the date of the vacancy closing date (reference A.O. 2.03, paragraphs 5.8 and 5.9).
Asian Development Bank (ADB) is an international development finance institution headquartered in Manila, Philippines and is composed of 68 members, 49 of which are from the Asia and Pacific region. ADB is committed to achieving a prosperous, inclusive, resilient, and sustainable Asia and the Pacific, while sustaining its efforts to eradicate extreme poverty. ADB combines finance, knowledge, and partnerships to fulfill its expanded vision under its Strategy 2030.
ADB only hires nationals of its 68 members.
The position is assigned in the Portfolio Management Division (PFPM) within the Procurement, Portfolio and Financial Management Department (PPFD). In the area of portfolio management, PPFD is responsible for assessing the performance of ADB’s portfolio, including preparation of the annual portfolio performance report, reporting on quarterly portfolio performance and project classification system, and conducting special studies; preparing regular and ad hoc reports on the status of ADB’s portfolio; managing selected project and portfolio databases, including data entry and data quality assurance; supporting and managing ADB’s automated project management systems; maintaining PPFD’s website and Business Opportunities website; providing technical and analytical portfolio management support to user departments; overseeing, administering and advising on Project Administration Instructions (PAIs); providing secretariat support to the Operations Review Meeting-Portfolio; leading interagency engagement on portfolio and project and portfolio management issues including participation in multilateral development bank (MDB) portfolio management meetings; commenting and advising, in coordination with the Strategy, Policy and Review Department, on operational policies and procedures; and leading capacity development efforts for effective delivery.
To view ADB Organizational Chart, please click here.
The Operations Management Assistant provides analytical, administrative and operational support for various portfolio management work by (i) providing data support for analysis of sovereign and non-sovereign portfolio performance; (ii) assisting in the preparation of various portfolio management reports, briefing sheets, presentation materials; and (iii) maintaining various approvals, commitments and procurement databases, and support system enhancements. The incumbent will report to the designated International Staff and senior National Staff.
Perform a combination of the following tasks in any of the clearly defined areas:
• Assist in the preparation of statistical tables and charts for the quarterly report on approvals, commitment and procurement, Annual Report and ADB member Fact Sheets.
• Assist in the preparation of Quarterly Summary Report on approved (A) Transaction Technical Assistance; (B) Knowledge and Support Technical Assistance Projects; and (C) Technical Assistance Cluster Subprojects.
• Prepare and upload monthly reports on contracts awarded for goods, works and consulting services, and shortlisted and engaged consultants to ADB external and internal websites.
• Perform quality checks on project records in eOperations.
• Participate in user acceptance testing on enhancements or system developments as may be required.
• Assist user departments on queries relating to eOperations project records, and portfolio information.
• Assist in preparation of presentation materials for portfolio performance review meetings and capacity building programs.
• Prepare required information for ad hoc requests.
• Perform other duties as may be required and reflected in the incumbent’s work plan.
Relevant Experience & Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Economics, Mathematics, Statistics, or related discipline
- At least 5 years of relevant professional experience
- Excellent ability to work with numbers, details, and can handle voluminous data
- Understanding of ADB’s operations, policies and financial instruments is an advantage
- Proficiency in computer applications and software generally used in a multilateral organization, particularly database, spreadsheets, statistical tools, and chart-making software applications (Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Power BI).
- Familiarity with ADB’s applications – eOperations, LTAA, Loan Financial Information System, TA Information System, Grant Financial Informaiton System, is an advantage
- Able to liaise and work effectively with staff within own work location
- Able to work collaboratively with teams as a constructive team member
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
• Please refer to the link for ADB Competency Framework for Administrative Staff Levels 4-5.
The selected candidate, if new to ADB, is appointed for an initial term of 3 years.
ADB offers competitive remuneration and a comprehensive benefits package. Actual appointment salary will be based on ADB’s standards and computation, taking into account the selected individual’s qualifications and experience.
ADB seeks to ensure that everyone is treated with respect and given equal opportunities to work in an inclusive environment. ADB encourages all qualified candidates to apply regardless of their racial, ethnic, religious and cultural background, gender, sexual orientation or disabilities. Women are highly encouraged to apply.
Please note that the actual level and salary will be based on qualifications of the selected candidate.