PATH is a global organization that works to accelerate health equity by bringing together public institutions, businesses, social enterprises, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing health challenges. With expertise in science, health, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales solutions—including vaccines, drugs, devices, diagnostics, and innovative approaches to strengthening health systems worldwide.
The Health Systems Innovation and Delivery (HSID) program within PATH focuses on the health system, including cross-cutting elements of the system that delivers health services and assures health for individuals or communities. This work includes robust analyses to guide the design and implementation of: 1) cross-cutting health system innovations to improve health system performance, 2) cross-cutting health system adaptations to better assure successful adoption and scale of specific product disease prevention innovations, 3) technical assistance to strengthen overall health system integrity and resilience, and 4) strategies to better integrate the effective delivery of services across health and disease categories
PATH is seeking a data analyst with expertise in quantitative statistical analysis as well as experience in policy analysis. Ideally this person would also have qualitative research skills and a familiarity with health systems and policymaking in order to interpret observed quantitative data. This person will support a body of work and be a key member of a cross-organizational team with the goal of developing an interactive set of data visualization dashboards, policy briefs, and other user-friendly content to track government responses to maintaining essential health services during COVID-19.
- Basic statistical analysis of coded policy data, other national-level variables (e.g. COVID cases, etc.), and survey data, potentially in multivariate regression models. Familiarity with R, Stata, or other statistical analysis softwares desired.
- Clean, manage, and process datasets as required, with the support of data science interns.
- Contribute to qualitative content analysis of policy documents; synthesis of data across multiple documents or countries to support the identification of novel insights, policy adaptations, or gaps in national COVID-19 responses
- Support the writing of technical and advocacy reports based on qualitative and quantitative analysis of policy data, as well as journal commentaries or articles.
- Liaise with key users and stakeholders (Gates Foundation, WHO, Unicef, etc.) under the leadership of the Lead Analyst and Project Coordinator
- Prepare slide decks for meetings
- Collaborate with advocacy and communications colleagues to develop and implement iterative dissemination and knowledge translation plans, engaging frequently with key global and regional/national partners