The Operations lead will manage the operational components of an Administrative Coordinating Center for a high-profile scientific program at the National Institutes of Health (NIH). The Operations Lead will manage a team of scientific working group/committee coordinators as well as publications and program tracking. The Operations lead will work with coordinators to ensure effective communication, tracking and follow-up across working groups and committees. The Operations lead will be responsible for assessing opportunities to enhance productivity, managing progress, and resolving issues to meet deadlines, promoting best practices, providing training, and ensuring standard operating procedures and documentation. Once our office safely re-open, the position will be based in our Rockville, Maryland office with some teleworking options, if desired. The Operation Lead will support the following tasks:
- Develop documentation, tracking mechanisms and communications for administrative coordination team.
- Provide QA and QC and enforce standards for committee coordinator activities including logistical and administrative support for meetings including scheduling, developing meeting materials, disseminating information, and taking minutes.
- Work with committee leads to track action items and ongoing committee issues/tasks.
- Liaison with IT Lead to plan new releases and updates to the websites and assist with the creation and execution of test plans to test new features.
- Develop and update communication templates and standard operating procedures.
- Work with Program Manager to develop and maintain Administrative Center Manual of Operations.
- Coordinate with external stakeholders to develop trainings and training materials.
- Contribute to risk planning and reporting tasks.
- Assist coordinators with troubleshooting and ensure cross-committee tasks are tracked and aligned.
- Identify new system features to improve user experience, provide support to test new features and collaborate with IT resources to report and resolve website and user issues.
- Attend and facilitate as needed meetings with clients and external partners.
- Manage a team of 2-3 coordinators including performance management, professional development, and training.
Required Qualifications Experience and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- At least 8 years of relevant professional experience providing operations support and coordinating for large federal or federally funded programs.
- Exceptional organizational skills and experience managing and coordinating projects/tasks
- Experience managing a team and collaborating with internal and external stakeholders.
- Experience developing timelines and tracking tools
- Excellent writing skills and experience developing and working collaboratively to produce SOP’s and other process documentation.
- Experience managing client expectations and excellent client communication skills
- Experience with dbGaP data deposition requirements
- Experience working for an administrative or data coordinating center for a large scientific consortium
- Experience supporting scientific committees or working groups
- Experience working with technical or Ph. D level professionals
- Experience working at or with NIH or HHS
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit http://www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Rockville, MD (MD18)