Asian Development Bank (ADB) is an international development finance institution headquartered in Manila, Philippines and is composed of 67 members, 48 of which are from the Asia and Pacific region. ADB’s mission is to reduce poverty and promote sustainable economic growth in the region. ADB’s main instruments for helping its developing member countries are policy dialogue, loans, equity investments, guarantees, grants, and technical assistance.
ADB only hires nationals of its 67 members.
The position is assigned in the Environment, Natural Resources & Agriculture Division (SEER) within the Southeast Asia Department (SERD). SERD is responsible for maintaining client relations and delivering ADB assistance to countries in the Southeast Asian region. SEER deals with policy development, oversight of strategy implementation, knowledge management, budget management, project quality assurance, sector analytic work, and loan and technical assistance processing and administration in the agriculture, natural resources and rural development sector, including agricultural and food productivity enhancement and value chain development, sustainable rural infrastructure, climate resilience and environmental sustainability, and natural resources management.
To view ADB Organizational Chart, please click here.
The Operations Assistant will perform full secretarial duties for international staff and help coordinate administrative activities for the assigned unit. The incumbent will report to designated International Staff and Senior National Staff.
- Ensure that all correspondence and documents for supervisors are prepared in compliance with ADB’s standards, and properly logged and distributed to the concerned staff.
- Provide efficient administrative services by screening incoming telephone calls, taking accurate messages, dealing with queries from callers and visitors, establishing the nature and priority of requirements of unexpected visitors to ensure that they are routed in a timely manner to the concerned staff.
- Ensure the effective coordination of supervisor’s schedule by maintaining diaries and arranging appointments, meetings, travel and accommodation as specified by the supervisors and in accordance with ADB procedures.
- Assist in project processing by ensuring all documents are processed following existing procedures and guidelines, coordinating review of project documents with relevant units in a timely manner, and monitoring processing timelines to meet planned approval dates.
- Ensure that office filing systems and records are properly maintained and updated for easy retrieval and track the flow of documents with the use of database for effective monitoring to meet deadlines.
- Relieve other Operations Assistants when they are absent.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned and reflected in the incumbent’s workplan.
Relevant Experience and Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 3 – 5 years of relevant professional experience.
- Working knowledge of assigned area.
- Good typing skills. Good memo composition and editing skills. Good computer skills. Familiar with computer systems used generally in multilateral organizations.
- Able to liaise and work effectively with staff within own work location.
- Able to interact in a professional manner with ADB stakeholders, i.e. ADB staff and Government officials.
- Strong interpersonal skills; able to develop rapport internally and externally in a multilateral environment.
- Able to work collaboratively with teams as a constructive team member.
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English.
- Please refer to the link for ADB Competency Framework for Administrative Staff 4.
The selected candidate is appointed for an initial term of 3 years.
ADB offers competitive remuneration and a comprehensive benefits package. Actual appointment salary will be based on ADB’s standards and computation, taking into account the selected individual’s qualifications and experience.
ADB seeks to ensure that everyone is treated with respect and given equal opportunities to work in an inclusive environment. ADB encourages all qualified candidates who are nationals of ADB member countries to apply regardless of their racial, ethnic, religious and cultural background, gender, sexual orientation or disabilities. Women are highly encouraged to apply.
Please note that the actual level and salary will be based on qualifications of the selected candidate.