Close relatives1 Close relatives refer to spouse, children, mother, father, brother and sister, niece, nephew, aunt and uncle
Staff on probation are not eligible to apply. Applicants for promotion must have served at their position for at least one year and must have normally served at their personal level for at least two years immediately preceding the date of the vacancy closing date. Applicants for lateral transfer must have served at their position and personal level for at least one year immediately preceding the date of the vacancy closing date (reference A.O. 2.03, paragraphs 5.8 and 5.9).
Asian Development Bank (ADB) is an international development finance institution headquartered in Manila, Philippines and is composed of 67 members, 48 of which are from the Asia and Pacific region. ADB is committed to achieving a prosperous, inclusive, resilient, and sustainable Asia and the Pacific, while sustaining its efforts to eradicate extreme poverty. ADB combines finance, knowledge, and partnerships to fulfill its expanded vision under its Strategy 2030.
ADB only hires nationals of its 67 members.
The position is assigned in the Mongolia Resident Mission (MNRM) within the East Asia Department (EARD), which is responsible for maintaining relationships and delivering ADB assistance to the developing member countries of Mongolia and the People’s Republic of China. The MNRM provides the primary operational link between ADB and the government, private-sector, civil-society stakeholders, and with other multilateral and bilateral development agencies and other sources of development finance in its activities. MNRM engages in policy dialogue and acts as a knowledge base on development issues in Mongolia.
To view ADB Organizational Chart, please click here.
The Operations Assistant assists in day-to-day operational and administrative requirements of MNRM in support of its efficient, effective and smooth functioning and performs and coordinates specific project related requirements, including standard activities as may be directed by supervisor. The incumbent will report to designated international staff and senior national staff.
Work independently on all or a combination of the following transactions and/or clearly defined areas, depending on the assignment/instructions from supervisor(s) (International Staff and/or senior National Staff):
- Coordinates supervisors’ schedules by maintaining their diaries and arranging appointments, meetings, and travels;
- Drafts routine correspondence, letters, and faxes for review and clearance by supervisor; timely submits and/or distributes documents; follows up and gives prompt feedback on ongoing issues and assigned tasks;
- In coordination with Finance and Administration Unit, assists with logistics of supervisors’ or teams’ missions. The tasks include effective and efficient handling of visa issuance requests, follow up on mission concurrences, meeting arrangements, mission logistics, etc.;
- Under supervisor’s guidance, liaises and coordinates with internal and external contacts to resolve non-standard queries and problems and to obtain non-standard information relevant to assigned work;
- Retrieves files/documents, prepares tables and charts for reports, prints, photocopies, and does any other routine office administrative tasks, as may be required;
- Assists teams in meeting arrangements, consultant recruitment, translations, interpretations, correspondence preparation and handles communications, preparing and finalizing project-related documents;
- Assists teams in maintaining and updating all project records and files and circulations to other departments and offices, as needed;
- When requested, provides full range of administrative support to MNRM or project organized activities, including international and/or domestic travel arrangements, workshops logistics, outsourcing of services, liquidation of advances, prescreening of documentation, etc.;
- When required, provides backup support for other assistants and analysts in exercising administrative coordination and support with oversight from the Supervisor or a more senior team leader;
- Performs any other tasks as reflected in the incumbent’s workplan and/or assigned by the Supervisor.
Relevant Experience & Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant fields
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant professional experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English is required
- Application of expertise within wide range of office general administration
- Proven ability to handle multiple tasks under tight schedules, strong commitment and accountability
- Proficient in common word-processing, spreadsheets and other user software required for daily office work
- Able to liaise and work effectively with government officials within own work location and with colleagues throughout ADB
- Demonstrated proactive, transparent work approach prioritizing outreach, information sharing, and teamwork
- Able to work proactively and collaboratively with all team members, and teams as a constructive team member
- Solid interpersonal and self-development skills
- Please refer to the link for ADB Competency Framework for Administrative Staff levels 4 to 5
The selected candidate is appointed for an initial term of 3 years.
ADB offers competitive remuneration and a comprehensive benefits package. Actual appointment salary will be based on ADB’s standards and computation, considering the selected individual’s qualifications and experience.
This vacancy is a local staff position. It is open only to nationals and residents of Mongolia.
ADB seeks to ensure that everyone is treated with respect and given equal opportunities to work in an inclusive environment. ADB encourages all qualified candidates to apply regardless of their racial, ethnic, religious and cultural background, gender, sexual orientation or disabilities. Women are highly encouraged to apply.
Please note that the actual level and salary will be based on qualifications of the selected candidate.