Close relatives1 of ADB staff, except spouses of international staff, are not eligible for recruitment and appointment to staff positions. Applicants are expected to disclose if they have any relative/s by consanguinity/blood, by adoption and/or by affinity/marriage presently employed in ADB.
1Close relatives refer to spouse, children, mother, father, brother and sister, niece, nephew, aunt and uncle
Staff on probation are not eligible to apply. Applicants for promotion must have served at their position for at least one year and must have normally served at their personal level for at least two years immediately preceding the date of the vacancy closing date. Applicants for lateral transfer must have served at their position and personal level for at least one year immediately preceding the date of the vacancy closing date (reference A.O. 2.03, paragraphs 5.8 and 5.9).
Asian Development Bank (ADB) is an international development finance institution headquartered in Manila, Philippines and is composed of 68 members, 49 of which are from the Asia and Pacific region. ADB is committed to achieving a prosperous, inclusive, resilient, and sustainable Asia and the Pacific, while sustaining its efforts to eradicate extreme poverty. ADB combines finance, knowledge, and partnerships to fulfill its expanded vision under its Strategy 2030.
ADB only hires nationals of its 68 members.
The position is assigned in the Urban Development and Water Division (SAUW) within the South Asia Department (SARD). SARD is responsible for providing leadership innovation, lending, project implementation and knowledge sharing for ADB’s sector and thematic work that covers operations in Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Maldives, Nepal, and Sri Lanka. SAUW is responsible for sector support for water and other urban infrastructure and services.
To view ADB Organizational Chart, please click here.
The Operations Assistant will perform administrative, coordination, and operational support services for the assigned unit. The incumbent will report to designated International Staff and senior National Staff.
- Ensure that all correspondence and documents for supervisors are prepared in compliance with ADB’s standards, and properly logged and distributed to the concerned staff.
- Provide efficient reception services by screening incoming telephone calls, taking accurate messages, dealing with queries from callers and visitors, establishing the nature and priority of requirements of unexpected visitors to ensure that they are routed in a timely manner to the concerned staff.
- Ensure the effective coordination of supervisor’s schedule by maintaining diaries and arranging appointments, meetings, travel and accommodation as specified by the supervisors and in accordance with ADB procedures.
- Assist in project processing by ensuring all documents are processed following existing procedures, templates, and guidelines, coordinating review of project documents with relevant units in a timely manner, and monitoring processing timelines to meet planned approval dates. Help ensure that all relevant documents are in accordance with the latest ADB template and Handbook of Style and Usage following prescribed quality-at-entry standards.
- Ensure that office filing systems and records are properly maintained and updated for easy retrieval and track the flow of documents with the use of database for effective monitoring to meet deadlines.
- Relieve other Operations Assistants when they are absent.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned and reflected in the incumbent’s workplan.
Relevant Experience & Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 5 years of relevant professional experience.
- Good working knowledge of procedures, formats and standards relevant in the performance of work.
- Good memo composition and editing skills.
- Good computer skills. Familiar with computer systems used generally in multilateral organizations.
- Able to liaise, work effectively and interact in a professional manner with staff within own work location, and with other ADB stakeholders
- Strong interpersonal skills; able to develop rapport internally and externally in a multilateral environment.
- Able to work collaboratively with teams as a constructive team member.
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English.
- Please refer to the link for ADB Competency Framework for AS4
The selected candidate, if new to ADB, is appointed for an initial term of 3 years.
ADB offers competitive remuneration and a comprehensive benefits package. Actual appointment salary will be based on ADB’s standards and computation, taking into account the selected individual’s qualifications and experience.
ADB seeks to ensure that everyone is treated with respect and given equal opportunities to work in an inclusive environment. ADB encourages all qualified candidates to apply regardless of their racial, ethnic, religious and cultural background, gender, sexual orientation or disabilities. Women are highly encouraged to apply.
Please note that the actual level and salary will be based on qualifications of the selected candidate.