Close relatives1 of ADB staff, except spouses of international staff, are not eligible for recruitment and appointment to staff positions. Applicants are expected to disclose if they have any relative/s by consanguinity/blood, by adoption and/or by affinity/marriage presently employed in ADB.
1Close relatives refer to spouse, children, mother, father, brother and sister, niece, nephew, aunt and uncle
Staff on probation are not eligible to apply. Applicants for promotion must have served at their position for at least one year and must have normally served at their personal level for at least two years immediately preceding the date of the vacancy closing date. Applicants for lateral transfer must have served at their position and personal level for at least one year immediately preceding the date of the vacancy closing date (reference A.O. 2.03, paragraphs 5.8 and 5.9).
Asian Development Bank (ADB) is an international development finance institution headquartered in Manila, Philippines and is composed of 68 members, 49 of which are from the Asia and Pacific region. ADB is committed to achieving a prosperous, inclusive, resilient, and sustainable Asia and the Pacific, while sustaining its efforts to eradicate extreme poverty. ADB combines finance, knowledge, and partnerships to fulfill its expanded vision under its Strategy 2030.
ADB only hires nationals of its 68 members.
The position is assigned in the Transport and Communications Division (SATC) within the South Asia Department (SARD). SARD is responsible for providing leadership innovation, lending, project implementation and knowledge sharingfor ADB’s sectorand thematic work that covers operations in Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Maldives, Nepal, and Sri Lanka. And, SATC, is responsible for sector support for transport and communications development.
To view ADB Organizational Chart, please click here.
The Operations Assistant performs administrative and operational support services for various activities related to project processing carried out in the division. The incumbent will report to designated International Staff and senior National Staff.
- Ensure that all correspondence and documents for supervisors are prepared in compliance with ADB’s standards, and properly logged and distributed to the concerned staff. Independently compose and send out routine letters. Ensure that all incoming mail is logged, properly distributed, and promptly brought to the attention of concerned staff, and that outgoing mails/faxes are delivered on time.
- Provide efficient reception services by screening incoming telephone calls, taking accurate messages, dealing with queries from callers and visitors, establishing the nature and priority of requirements of unexpected visitors to ensure that they are routed in a timely manner to the concerned staff.
- Ensure the effective coordination of supervisor’s schedule by maintaining diaries and arranging appointments, meetings, travel and accommodation as specified by the supervisors and in accordance with ADB procedures.
- Assist in project processing by ensuring all documents are processed in accordance with the latest ADB templates, the Handbook of Style and Usage, and other existing procedures and guidelines; coordinating review of project documents with relevant units in a timely manner; monitoring processing timelines to meet planned approval dates; and updating the project processing records in the oracle-based e-Operations.
- Ensure that office filing systems and records are properly maintained and updated for easy retrieval. Track the flow of documents with the use of database for effective monitoring to meet deadlines.
- Relieve other Operations Assistants, as needed.
- Collect, compile, and analyze relevant information and data related to the division to produce routine and/or ad hoc statistics/reports, as instructed.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned and reflected in the incumbent’s workplan.
Relevant Experience & Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant fields
- At least 5 years of relevant professional experience.
- Advanced computer skills with sound knowledge of common word-processing, spreadsheets and graphics software used in multilateral organizations.
- Good working knowledge of procedures, formats and standards relevant in the performance of work.
- Good coordination and interpersonal skills.
- Able to coordinate proper distribution of tasks among other administrative assistants.
- Able to work with individuals from different cultural/national backgrounds.
- Thorough understanding of the role and function of the division/office/department and a good general understanding of the organization’s purpose.
- Able to exercise judgment on matters of confidentiality and those requiring urgent attention especially in the supervisor’s absence.
- Please refer to the link for ADB Competency Framework for Administrative Staff level 4.
The selected candidate, if new to ADB, is appointed for an initial term of 3 years.
ADB offers competitive remuneration and a comprehensive benefits package. Actual appointment salary will be based on ADB’s standards and computation, taking into account the selected individual’s qualifications and experience.
ADB seeks to ensure that everyone is treated with respect and given equal opportunities to work in an inclusive environment. ADB encourages all qualified candidates to apply regardless of their racial, ethnic, religious and cultural background, gender, sexual orientation or disabilities. Women are highly encouraged to apply.
Please note that the actual level and salary will be based on qualifications of the selected candidate.