Under the supervision of the Director, Financial Sector Development, the Operations Assistant will contribute to the work unit by completing a variety of tasks assigned, covering all or a combination of the following functions:
- Provide support, facilitation, follow-up on transactional PIFD issues
- Assist the Task Manager and Divisions Manager in the execution /implementation of the work-plans in alignment with the business strategy of the department
- Support the Director and the Front Office staff in the preparation of planning and reporting documents, by drawing on information maintained on databases.
- Analyse supervision data, monitor disbursement status and arrange follow up and reporting actions, as well as monitoring project cancellations, write off procedures and adherence to write-off policies
- Assist in the preparation and monitoring of the department’s administrative budget, work programs, mission schedules and staff movements schedules, and participate in the identification of resource requirements and sources of funding.
- Provide budget analysis reports to the Complex Management Budget Coordinator and Director
- Prepare, and as needed, gather information and relevant documents for the supervisor regarding issues being discussed or processed by the Director.
- Proactively identify and resolve issues and raise it to the appropriate level in consultation with the Director;
- Collate, analyse and process inputs from divisions and the Bank Ecosystem to prepare the annual budget in accordance with Bank’s procedures.
Duties and responsibilities
- Devise and maintain efficient office systems;
- Track and follow-up with documents;
- Manage with incoming correspondence including email, faxes and general mail;
- Draft routine correspondence for review by Director.
- Organize and attend meetings, appointments, luncheons and events and ensure that relevant staff and management are well prepared;
- Participate in the preparation and monitoring of annual and mid-year budgets by collating and inputting data into the relevant internal software;
- Provide logistical support for staff meetings, trainings, and other events;
- Provide general back up support to other administrative team members during their absence;
- Manage department archives both physical and electronic, in compliance with the Bank processes and guidelines;
- Produce documents briefing papers, reports, spread sheets and presentations and assist with programming of operational activities.
- Manage systems, create and process expense reports in SAP;
- Assist departmental management in issues concerning resources such as the administrative budget, monitor and review expenses and bring issues to the attention of management;
- Participate in the preparation of the annual and mid-year budget review by collating and monitoring data;
- Support in the organization and coordination of meetings within the vice-presidency, across the Bank and with external clients and partners;
- Serve as an information resource on status of projects;
- Suggest ways to enhance work organization and effectiveness.
- Support in reviewing documentation to ensure compliance with Bank guidelines
- Prepare administrative dashboard for Management follow up
- Keep abreast of status and progress on Divisions/Department commitments vis-a-vis internal and external clients;
- Assist Management with internal and external auditors to carry out periodic audit reviews of internal controls on the data administrative portfolio and implement measure to strengthen internal controls where weaknesses are identified and ensure that agreed changes have been fully implemented
- Assist in preparing communication and presentation documents through drafting memos, spreadsheets, presentations and conduct first-level analyses on PIFD initiatives.
- Undertake ad hoc inquiries in standard and non-standard databases, retrieve, manipulate and present data and prepare presentation materials.
- Perform any other duties reasonably requested by management.
- Hold at least a Bachelor’s degree in business administration, management, finance, economics or other relevant fields.
- Minimum of five (5) years of relevant professional experience in the formulation and implementation of programs and projects, financial and economic analysis of infrastructure projects and programs;
- Communication and Intercultural Sensitivity
- Client Orientation
- Interpersonal skills
- Understand project documentation and advise staff on the internal procedures;
- Ability to insert inputs on Projects issue related to SAP PS;
- Ability to develop, analyse and monitor budget and reporting dashboard;
- Proactively identify and resolve issues and enquiries through clear interpretation of policies.
- Ensure that Task Managers expectations are met through timely responses and resolution of issues;
- High level MS office applications skills;
- Experience with SAP PS required;
- Experience in internal software such as BPPS, SRASS would be an advantage.
- Ability to communicate effectively (written and oral) in English or French, preferably with a working knowledge of the other.
THIS POSITION DOES NOT ATTRACT INTERNATIONAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS (THE POST HOLDER WILL BE CONSIDERED AS A LOCAL STAFF AND WILL NOT HAVE INTERNATIONAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT).
Should you encounter technical difficulties in submitting your application, please send an email with a precise description of the issue and/or a screenshot showing the problem to: HR Direct HRDirect@AFDB.ORG
To apply for this position, you need to be national of one of AfDB member countries.
The African Development Bank Group (AfDB) does not ask for payments of any kind from applicants throughout the recruitment process (job application, CV review, interview meeting, and final processing of applications). In addition, the Bank does not request information on applicants’ bank accounts. The African Development Bank Group declines all responsibility for the fraudulent publications of job offers in its name or, in general, for the fraudulent use of its name in any way whatsoever.