IMA World Health is seeking an Operations and Finance Director based in Goma. S/he will provide operations oversight and senior level guidance for the office. S/he will oversee finance, grant management, procurement, administration and HR, assuring the quality, impact and cost effectiveness of the project(s). The position will update and oversee the implementation of policies, procedures and systems for HR, security, administration, financial support services and procurement. S/he will ensure that the project’s support interventions are in compliance with IMA policies and procedures, donor regulations and local requirements. This position will report to the Goma Head of Office.
- Provide leadership support for the successful implementation of, and adherence to, IMA Global HR and Procurement Operating Policies and Procedures;
- Update and oversee administration, HR, grant management, finance and procurement systems for project implementation;
- Oversee external financial commitments including procurement contracts and lease agreements for office, guesthouse and warehouses;
- Ensure project expenses are reasonable, allocable, prudent and spent in accordance with the different donor rules and regulations; support donor auditing procedures;
- Ensure strong working relationships with Partners and contribute to building the capacity of local partners in administration and finance management;
- Institute staff development plans for training and capacity development;
- Ensure systems are streamlined between, administration, HR, finance, procurement and programs;
- Ensure strong working relationships between the field office and HQ;
- Lead implementation of changes in operations in response to changes in the local legal environment, or to new operating context and financial management needs.
- Lead efforts to close country and project specific audit findings in a timely and sustainable manner.
- Other relevant tasks as assigned.
The position requires a competent and experienced person with the following attributes:
- Postgraduate degree in business administration, finance, or relevant technical field with a minimum of five years of progressive management and leadership experience.
- At least 5 years’ experience in finance and/or administration of donor funded projects; familiarity with Global Fund and/or USAID regulations required
- Experience in operations and accounting.
- At least 5 years’ experience in conflict areas, ability to adapt, ability to live and work under pressure in an unstable security environment
- Ability to multitask, ability to handle pressure well, ability to improvise, flexibility, cultural and environmental sensitivity
- Strong background in financial management, budget development and analysis.
- Fluency in French required
- Good communication and interpersonal skills, and the ability to work in a team
- Ability to develop a good working relationship with local organizations, other program partners and counterparts in order to contribute at the highest level to project deliverables
- Willingness to support IMA’s mission
- Ability to travel within the country, region, and internationally as needed.
IMA prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by US or International law.