Close relatives1 of ADB staff, except spouses of international staff, are not eligible for recruitment and appointment to staff positions. Applicants are expected to disclose if they have any relative/s by consanguinity/blood, by adoption and/or by affinity/marriage presently employed in ADB.
1Close relatives refer to spouse, children, mother, father, brother and sister, niece, nephew, aunt and uncle
Staff on probation are not eligible to apply. Applicants for promotion must have served at their position for at least one year and must have normally served at their personal level for at least two years immediately preceding the date of the vacancy closing date. Applicants for lateral transfer must have served at their position and personal level for at least one year immediately preceding the date of the vacancy closing date (reference A.O. 2.03, paragraphs 5.8 and 5.9).
Asian Development Bank (ADB) is an international development finance institution headquartered in Manila, Philippines and is composed of 68 members, 49 of which are from the Asia and Pacific region. ADB is committed to achieving a prosperous, inclusive, resilient, and sustainable Asia and the Pacific, while sustaining its efforts to eradicate extreme poverty. ADB combines finance, knowledge, and partnerships to fulfill its expanded vision under its Strategy 2030.
ADB only hires nationals of its 68 members.
To view ADB Organizational Chart, please click here.
The Operations Analyst will provide statistical and analytical support to overall SERD program monitoring, portfolio and results targets, and HR and budgetary functions. The incumbent will report to the designated International Staff and senior National Staff.
• Consolidate the department’s non-lending pipeline and information/data across the divisions on Country Operations Business Plan (COBP).
• Prepare data/information for Management‘s decision on resource allocation for non-lending programs. Review, analyze and consolidate divisions’ inputs to programming exercises and reports, and ensure their accuracy and consistency with Bank’s requirements and frameworks.
• Review concept papers, technical assistants (TAs) paper on funding and other requirements for consistency and compliance with the Operations Manual (OM) and other guidelines.
• Prepare eOps reports for SERD and coordinate with divisions/resident missions to ensure updated and accurate entries.
• Support quality assurance in TA implementation and monitoring of all relevant TA administration tasks, including review of documents and memos related to procurement, consulting services, disbursement, ensuring quality and timeliness of deliverables, and client satisfaction. Review all memos related to TA administration and portfolio management, including requests for extension of completion date, and change in scope and implementation arrangements of TAs.
• Evaluate consolidated information across the sector divisions (SDs)/resident missions (RMs) to ensure they meet the department’s reporting requirements on portfolio data comprising TAs.
• Review and analyze the department’s portfolio data inputs in e-Operations, and guide analysts in the SDs and RMs to ensure the quality of data entry.
• Monitor timely preparation and finalization of TA completion reports (TCRs), and review and provide comments on the draft TCRs to ensure quality of project data.
• Prepare inputs for Work Program and Budget Framework (WPBF), Operations Review Meetings (ORMs); Budget Review Committee Meetings (BRCs), Workload-Workforce Analysis, meetings with VPO2; and various ad hoc briefings.
• Prepare and monitor the department’s annual and midyear budget; coordinate with the Budget and Management Services Division (BPBM) regarding budget policies, procedures and systems; and maintain related databases and systems.
• Assist in department’s vacancy management and staffing requirements.
• Act as alternate of SEOD Programs Officer on loan, grant, Board calendar, Management Review Meeting (MRM) focal point roles, and coordinate with Office of the President, Office of the Secretary, VPO2 and SERD Management/divisions.
Relevant Experience & Requirements
• Bachelor’s degree in economics, development studies, business administration, or related subjects.
• At least 5 years of relevant professional experience.
• Demonstrates knowledge and understanding of ADB operational processes and procedures.
• Able to undertake background research and analysis on difficult but well-defined tasks, collect and organize required data and information, apply appropriate computer skills in analyzing and developing the data; and prepare notes, papers and sections of reports.
• In-depth understanding of the interactions between different ADB work areas and relevant workflows and their purposes.
• Good analytical thinking with ability to make simple causal links, pro-and-con lists and analyses to reach a decision; and set priorities for tasks in order of importance.
• Proficient in ADB standard software programs and information technologies.
• Able to provide guidance to other AS on assigned area of work.
• Able to liaise and work effectively with other staff within own work location and with colleagues throughout ADB.
• Able to work collaboratively with teams as a constructive team member.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
• Please refer to the link for ADB Competency Framework for Administrative Staff 7
The selected candidate, if new to ADB, is appointed for an initial term of 3 years.
ADB offers competitive remuneration and a comprehensive benefits package. Actual appointment salary will be based on ADB’s standards and computation, taking into account the selected individual’s qualifications and experience.
ADB seeks to ensure that everyone is treated with respect and given equal opportunities to work in an inclusive environment. ADB encourages all qualified candidates to apply regardless of their racial, ethnic, religious and cultural background, gender, sexual orientation or disabilities. Women are highly encouraged to apply.
Please note that the actual level and salary will be based on qualifications of the selected candidate.