The recruitment process for General Service positions is subject to local recruitment regulations and Article 4.3 of the ILO Staff Regulations. The ILO may only offer a contract to persons who have a valid residency status and work permit in the Russian Federation.
The following are eligible to apply:
- ILO Internal candidates in accordance with paragraphs 31 and 32 of Annex I of the Staff Regulations.
- External candidates
*Conditions of employment for external candidates: In conformity with existing ILO practice, the appointment of an external candidate will normally be made at the first step of this grade. The entry level salary for this position is 1,092,142 Russian Roubles yearly.
This position is located in the Decent Work Technical Support Team/Country Office for Europe and Central Asia (DWT/CO-Moscow), work unit in the Regional Office (RO) for Europe and Central Asia (RO-EUROPE).
DWT/CO-Moscow provides overall technical support for the preparation, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of Decent Work Agenda in Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Russian Federation, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan and Uzbekistan.
As a team member, the incumbent provides a variety of general office support services, completing a range of standard support tasks in an efficient, effective and client-oriented manner. Such tasks contribute to the timely and effective functioning of business operations and may encompass duties related to correspondence preparation, document preparation, database maintenance, meetings support, travel, registry and/or mail services. The incumbent is required to use standard office equipment and the enterprise resource planning (ERP) system to process transactions. Work is governed by established rules, regulations, policies, procedures and guidelines governing operational areas.
The position works under the supervision of the Operations Officer, DWT/CO-Moscow. Supervision received is focused on the quality and timeliness of the delivery of work assignments. The incumbent works with some degree of operational independence in performing the day-to-day work and consults the supervisor for guidance on non-standard issues.
Internal contacts are with staff in the work unit or related programmes to obtain, provide or clarify information on matters related to specific assignments and to relay instructions from the supervisor.
External contacts are primarily with visitors/callers to the Office, meeting participants and/or external service providers to follow up on routine matters, exchange information or direct them to the appropriate person.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide a range of support services in the areas of general office administration, finance and/or HR that contribute to the timely delivery of business operations in accordance with applicable standards.
- Draft and prepare standard correspondence and other materials on own initiative or from instructions, ensuring clarity of content and compliance with applicable standards and finalize for signature. Prepare draft translations of correspondence and other documents. Word process and format in final form a variety of documents.
- Maintain and update databases. Input data and process routine administrative actions in the enterprise resource planning (ERP) system related to leave entitlements, contracts, purchase orders, payments processing, and/or travel.
- Provide support for the official travel of staff, including for travel and accommodation arrangements, security clearances, visa requirements and transportation of personal effects.
- Provide support for meetings and events, including processing administrative actions in the enterprise resource planning (ERP) system, preparing and distributing invitation letters, agendas and other materials, arranging meeting facilities and equipment, making travel arrangements, preparing routine cost estimates and providing support and information to participants on matters of a routine nature.
- Register and route mail, correspondence and other documents. Process outgoing mail ensuring most appropriate method in terms of postal rates and regulations. Maintain and organize filing systems for correspondence, documents, publications and/or reference materials. Plan and coordinate the activities of the Office’s registry as required.
- Respond to routine telephone, email and in-person inquiries or refer to appropriate contact/unit. Supply readily available information from office files and databases. Receive and direct visitors and arrange appointments.
- Maintain and update inventories of office supplies. Ensure stocks are adequate and order supplies in a timely manner. Keep stockroom in order.
- Keep abreast of changes to relevant operational rules, regulations, policies, procedures, guidelines and processes and share information with concerned parties.
- Perform other relevant duties as assigned.
Completion of secondary school education.
Minimum of four years of general administration and office support work experience.
Excellent command of English. Working knowledge of Russian.
Knowledge and Competencies (technical/behavioural)
Knowledge of general office procedures and proficient in the use of standard office equipment.
Good knowledge of PC software (including word processor and spreadsheet and presentation software) such as Microsoft Office.
In addition to the ILO core competencies [Integrity and transparency, Sensitivity to diversity, Orientation to learning and knowledge sharing, Client orientation, Communication, Orientation to change, Takes responsibility for performance, Quality orientation, Collaboration], this position requires:
Ability to work within the applicable rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
Ability to adapt quickly to new software and systems.
Ability to search, retrieve and compile information from a variety of sources.
Ability to draft standard correspondence.
Ability to reply in an appropriate manner to telephone, email and in-person inquiries.
Ability to maintain records and files and update databases.
Attention to detail in order to identify data discrepancies.
A high degree of discretion with sense of responsibility in dealing with confidential matters.
Ability to work in a multicultural environment and to demonstrate gender-sensitive and non-discriminatory behaviour and attitudes
Please note that all candidates must complete an on-line application form. To apply, please visit the ILO Jobs website. The system provides instructions for online application procedures.
The ILO does not charge any fee at any stage of the recruitment process whether at the application, interview, processing or training stage. Messages originating from a non ILO e-mail account – @ilo.org – should be disregarded. In addition, the ILO does not require or need to know any information relating to the bank account details of applicants.