Summary: This position provides a broad range of office support services, including but not limited to facilitation of office operations, inventory control and general clerical tasks. Individual accountabilities and work volume will be established through the development of annual Success Objectives, within the framework outlined below.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs administrative tasks including but not limited to word processing, filing, photocopying and data entry. Coordinates the production and assembly of proposals, reports and presentations and assumes responsibility for clerical/support functions of special projects.
- Maintains inventory control for supplies, forms, and other materials and monitors expenditures and requisitions. Develops procedures for the control, safeguarding, storage, use and availability of office supplies, equipment and related items.
- Coordinates and processes the selection, ordering, delivery and installation of all capital purchases for the program or department.
- Trains department/program staff on proper office operations and use of equipment, computer software packages and other internal procedures for accessing supplies, services, etc.
- Coordinates the repair and maintenance of all equipment with appropriate parties (telephones, copiers, computers, etc.).
- Acts as liaison between program/department and Accounting Department with regard to purchase orders, petty cash and other program needs.
- Enforces guidelines for petty cash disbursement, processes petty cash requests and reconciles the fund for reimbursement. Maintains records and prepares documentation as required.
- Establishes relationship with goods and services vendors and acts as liaison between the program/department and building management, landlord, maintenance staff, and/or internal managers, as appropriate. Resolves routine problems and refers non-routine problems to appropriate channels.
- Coordinates staff moves and office arrangements/set-up with regard to office space, furniture, equipment, supplies and other services.
- Coordinates the needs and work schedules for maintenance staff, temporary employees, volunteer and other clerical staff.
- Develops and maintains schedules and rosters (conference room, staff, vehicle sign-out, etc.).
- Coordinates and is responsible for the timely preparation and processing of data and reports per program and organizational guidelines.
- Develops and maintains filing systems and ensures accuracy, confidentiality and consistency of filing systems, charts and records.
- Participates in team meetings and special projects, as assigned.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Education and/or Experience: High school diploma or equivalent and two years of related office or administrative experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Other Qualifications: Demonstrated computer proficiency, including knowledge of word processing and spreadsheet software.
- Language Skills: Fluency in a second language may be required. Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including phone etiquette. Ability to read and interpret documents such operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine correspondence.
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- A criminal background check is required for employees working for Heartland Housing property management.
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient computer skills.
- Strong organizational skills estrace koupit.
- Ability to work with diverse populations.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear.
- The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds.
Heartland Alliance makes all hiring and employment decisions, and operates all programs, services, and functions without regard to race, receipt of an order of protection, creed, color, age, gender, gender identity, marital or parental status, religion, ancestry, national origin, amnesty, physical or mental disability, protected veterans status, genetic information, sexual orientation, immigrant status, political affiliation or belief, use of FMLA, VESSA, military, and family military rights, ex-offender status (depending on the offense and position to be filled), unfavorable military discharge, membership in an organization whose primary purpose is the protection of civil rights or improvement of living conditions and human relations, height, weight, or HIV infection, in accord with the organization’s AIDS Policy Statement of September 1987