- Will be a member of the core team and participate in all management meetings
- Will support activities across both components of work as needed
- Will contribute to the design and implementation of technical support to clients (SMS, SUN countries, FCDO Nutrition Policy unit, and FCDO Country Offices), and quality assurance of TA assignments under Components 1 and 2
- Support desk research and analysis of key nutrition indicators, underlying constraints and barriers and drivers of malnutrition at a country level
- Support country capacity assessment and readiness for uptake of TA, and facilitate or deliver appropriate support and capacity building initiatives to SUN country stakeholders
- Provide support on monitoring and tracking of results of TA assignments, conducting surveys and evaluations according to individual assignment specifications
- Support identification and drawing of lessons from engagement with SMS, SUN countries and FCDO when delivering TA assignments
Required Key Skills & Qualifications:
- Exceptional relationship management skills, building and maintaining strong relationships with the SMS and FCDO, and building relationships with SUN focal points;
- Master’s degree in nutrition or relevant qualification
- Significant years of technical skills and experience in delivering TA for nutrition
- Experience of project and staff management
- Expertise in effectively delivering technical assistance to donors, country governments and multilateral agencies;
- A strong willingness to collaborate with other stakeholders;
- Ability to procure, manage and quality assure additional technical expertise when required;
- A proven track record in overseeing the measurement and communication of robust results and downstream impact beyond the immediate outputs of technical assistance;
- Skills in ensuring strong and effective gender, disability and broader equity lenses in the delivery of technical assistance.
- Excellent written and spoken English.
- Experience in working on donor funded projects.
Reporting and support
The Nutrition Advisor will be under the line management of the Senior Nutrition Advisor / Component 2 Lead who is accountable to the Project Director and to DAI Global Health for the performance of the contract.
The Nutrition Advisor is expected to work in a collaborative manner with the entire core team and all stakeholders.