Social Impact ( SI ) is implementing the USAID/Vietnam Learns Contract . The scope of the five-year project is to support USAID/Vietnam staff and partners to implement more efficient, effective, and transparent programs by improving: (1) USAID and Implementing Partners ( IP ) capacity to achieve expected results; (2) USAID’s understanding and tracking of project performance; and (3) collaboration, learning, and adapting (CLA).
SI is seeking a full-time Monitoring Specialist to support the deeper use of monitoring, evaluation , and other types of data to support learning and improve performance across the implementation portfolio of USAID / Vietnam. The Monitoring Specialist will work closely with USAID-funded IPs, offering ongoing technical capacity building support and advisory services, and lead on the review of partner Activity Monitoring , Evaluation and Learning Plans ( A MELPs) and conducting ongoing Data Quality Assessments (DQA) . The Specialist will work closely with all other Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning ( MEL ) team members as well as the Capacity Building team to achieve more strategic engagements and sustainable results.
**Please Note: This is a local position. Only Vietnamese citizens are eligible to apply* *
- Review new AMELPs submitted to USAID, and offer related technical support to help IPs improve the quality of their AMELP as necessary;
- Conduct DQAs in accordance with the DQA schedule developed by the Learns team and offer related technical support to help IPs strengthen identified areas of weakness around data quality whenever required;
- Provide ongoing capacity building and technical advisory support to IPs on the deeper use of monitoring, evaluation, and other types of data to support learning and improve performance in alignment with USAID Learns’ technical approach to collaboration and organizational learning;
- Offer ongoing technical advice to IPs, the Learns team, and USAID on how to improve data quality, data use and monitoring practices that are evidence-based, collaborative, and adaptive;
- Provide technical assistance to USAID and IPs in complementary areas such as: USAID regulation compliance; design of information systems including databases, data flow and analysis; promoting a data use culture; data visualization; and knowledge management in support of data-use;
- Actively contribute to the development of new training materials and curriculum, guidance materials, and any platform or tools supporting Learns’ overall project goals; actively support or lead training sessions whenever relevant; examples include: the design of data collection forms; the development of Activity indicators; the development of AMELPs; the design of program dashboards; and DQA preparation;
- Contribute to the identification of capacity-gaps and approaches in which Learns may be more helpful or effective in its engagements with USAID, IPs or other external actors such as the government of Vietnam;
- Plan and manage deliverables and ongoing assignments in a timely and compliant manner including associated team calendar updates, progress reports, travel arrangements, training sessions, coordination and learning events; ensure that all expected tasks and deliverables are achieved on time and of high quality;
- Contribute to ongoing Learns monitoring and presentation of data findings and conclusions; analysis of data with input from team members; and drafting monitoring reports and presentations; and
- Other tasks as may apply.
- Education: Masters’ degree is strongly preferred; an Undergraduate University degree is required;
- At least five years of professional experience coordinating or leading on monitoring related work;
- Experience working with USAID-funded activities and demonstrated knowledge of USAID monitoring policies and practices;
- Knowledge of monitoring and data systems and a demonstrated deep knowledge of monitoring methods and their practical applications are required;
- Demonstrated skills and experience in the development of M&E tools, data analysis, data use, and data quality assessment are required;
- Proficiency in data management and analytic software such as: Excel, Power BI, Tableau, SAS, SPSS, Stata and other relevant platform is preferred ;
- Strong background in quantitative research design and analysis is preferred;
- Must have exceptional organizational, analytical, writing, and presentation skills; ability to organize, manage, prioritize, and follow through on multiple tasks in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment;
- Proven capacity to take initiative and willingness to learn new skills; fluency in written and spoken English; and fluency in written and spoken Vietnamese (required); and
- Experience working in Vietnam (required).
The closing date for application: January 31 , 2021. Selection and interview will be performed constantly and interested candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
To apply, please merge both your CV and a cover letter (one-page briefly outlining your qualifications and motivations for applying) into one word/pdf file and submit it through the online portal.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.