International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI), a U.S. based international development consulting company established in 1987, has worked in over one hundred countries and implemented over three hundred projects. IBTCI serves government agencies, private sector companies and several donor agencies. IBTCI specializes in Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) across many sectors including, but not limited to, conflict and crisis, democracy and governance, economic growth, education, environment, and global health.
Job Title: Monitoring Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Specialist
Department/Location: Crisis, Conflict, and Governance; Amman, Jordan
Reports To: Deputy Chief of Party
Type: Regular Full-Time
Classification: This is a managerial, exempt level position and is not eligible for overtime pay.
Overview: IBTCI is currently seeking a MEL Specialist for a proposal for the five-year Yemen Continuous Learning and Evaluation program (YCLE). The purpose of YCLE is to provide a wide range of services to USAID to enable the Yemen Mission to effectively monitor program performance and operational context; evaluate the performance and results of USAID/Yemen programs; and learn and adapt for improved effectiveness.
Essential Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities:
The MEL Specialist will support the DCOP in all work related to performance and context monitoring and verification; evaluations; surveys, analyses, assessments, data management, and reporting; collaborating, learning, and adapting, and program support services under YCLE. This includes supporting the development and review of foundational tools related to all components, implementation of MEL tasks, and data analysis. Tasks will include but are not limited to:
- Support the DCOP in the design and/or review of monitoring, evaluation, operational research, and MEL capacity building approaches and tools;
- Conduct analyses of primary and secondary quantitative and qualitative research and prepare relevant presentations;
- Support the development of content, organization of logistics, and implementation of learning events in Amman and elsewhere in the region;
- Monitor the quality of data collected by YCLE;
- Lead or support data quality assessments;
- Contribute to or review reports related to monitoring, evaluations, assessments, and other studies;
- Review MEL frameworks of USAID/Yemen implementing partners;
- Support the DCOP in the development of USAID/Yemen’s Performance Management Plan;
- Assist in developing and planning evaluations and assessments; and
- Other duties as assigned.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Previous experience providing technical and operational support to third-party monitoring projects, M&E support projects, or evaluations.
- Experience conducting quantitative and qualitative field research in conflict zones is desirable.
- Demonstrated experience with quantitative and qualitative analytical methods.
- Familiarity with analytical and data visualization software tools, such as R, SPSS, STATA, Nvivo, Dedoose, Atlas.ti, MaxQDA, and Power BI
- At least five years of experience in monitoring and evaluation, including at least one (1) year of experience working on USAID-funded initiatives;
- Oral and written proficiency in English and Arabic required
Education: A university degree in relevant subject areas, preferably in Business Administration, Economics, Finance, International Administration or International Business
Working Environment: Work is typically performed in an office environment.
Physical Requirements: This is largely a sedentary position that requires the ability to speak, hear, see, and lift small objects up to 20 lbs.
Supervisory Responsibility: This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
Travel: International travel may be required and may include travel to fragile and/or conflict prone zones.
IBTCI is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, disabled veteran or Vietnam-era veteran, or any other classification protected by applicable anti-discrimination laws. We prohibit and do not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment. We are an E-Verify Employer. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
If you are an applicant with a disability that requires a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process or are limited in the ability, or unable to use the online application system and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact Human Resources at 703-749-0100.