The Kenya Countering Violent Extremism Activity (KCVEA) will strengthen Kenyan communities’ and government institutions’ motivation and capacity to take the lead on countering violent extremism (CVE) by building the capacity of and fostering strong relationships among individuals, communities, and civil society and county and national government actors.
The Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (ME&L) Officer will report to the Monitoring and Evaluation Manager. S/he will:
- Utilize practical tools and methodologies to assemble data required on a recurrent basis to track program performance on small grants and technical assistance activities in Nairobi, Garissa, and Wajir counties as well as nationwide activities and technical assistance to other county-level partners.
- Undertake field visits to project sites.
- Assist with periodic and systematic data collection and analysis of project results indicators, in conjunction with relevant project staff.
- Contribute to reports on progress on results indicators and assist staff in preparation of other program reports and communications materials, as needed.
- Assist Communication Assistant in translating M&E findings into success stories.
- Assist with grants or purchase orders for external project evaluators.
- Bachelor’s degree in international development, monitoring and evaluation, communications; organizational management or related field.
- Minimum of five years of experience in related role required.
- Strong understanding of USAID Performance Reporting Standards and systems.
- Relevant experience working on USAID small grants project in a related role highly preferred.
- Experience providing technical assistance and building the capacity of staff and partner organizations in knowledge management and organizational learning.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Local candidates strongly preferred
If you believe you qualify for this job, kindly submit your CV and a cover letter indicating your current and expected salary to email@example.com
Only qualified candidates will be contacted. Deadline to submit your CV is October 14, 2016.