Chemonics seeks a monitoring, evaluation, and learning director for USAID’s anticipated Feed the Future Knowledge-Based Integrated Sustainable Agriculture and Nutrition II Project (KISAN II). KISAN II aims to substantially reduce poverty and hunger by improving agricultural productivity; strengthening the competitiveness, resilience, and inclusiveness of market systems; enhancing the enabling environment; increasing the resilience of vulnerable communities through business literacy; and applying collaboration, learning, and adaptation methodology to ensure flexible, results-driven programming. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Lead monitoring, evaluation, and learning activities by capturing the impact of project interventions, evaluating their impact, and facilitating learning by collaboration
- Oversee monitoring, evaluation, and learning staff to ensure development of timely monitoring reports, evaluation studies, and learning resources
- Oversee the development of monthly, quarterly, and annual activity reports for USAID
- Lead the project team during mid-term evaluations, final evaluations, and required programmatic audits
- Work closely with the field team to capture intervention results
Master’s degree in a relevant field, such as monitoring and evaluation or data quality, collection, and analysis, preferred
- Minimum seven years of experience with a master’s degree, or 10 years of experience with a bachelor’s degree, in managing monitoring and evaluation tasks for development projects in developing countries, ideally with experience in youth, gender, and social inclusion
- Experience using a learning plan to inform activity implementation preferred
- Experience training and building the capacity of staff in monitoring, evaluation, learning, and data collection preferred
- Experience working with Feed the Future monitoring and evaluation guidance and reporting requirements preferred
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Fluent written and spoken English required; proficient Nepali preferred
To apply, please email an electronic version of your resume and cover letter to NepalKISANIIRecruit@chemonics.com with the subject line “Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning Director” by December 1, 2016. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis, and early applicants are encouraged. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.