Kosmos Innovation Center (KIC) Program
DAI Sustainable Business Group (SBG) helps unlock the commercial potential in growth markets by advising companies on how to demonstrate their long-term commitment to the country’s development, optimize their local supply base and labor force, and become a trusted partner for government. DAI is the primary implementing partner of Kosmos Energy in Ghana for its Kosmos Innovation Center (KIC) program, the company’s flagship corporate social investment.
The KIC program has 3 core components: the AgriTech Challenge (an annual entrepreneurship development competition), the Incubator, and the Business Booster. In 2020, KIC will expand from its center in Accra to include a regional hub in Kumasi.
The M&E Specialist will lead monitoring, evaluation, and learning efforts across KIC programs. S/he will manage the implementation of ongoing monitoring and evaluation efforts, while also recommending improvements and changes as needed. S/he will contribute to overall strategy development as KIC seeks to capture its direct and indirect impact in Ghana. S/he will lead data collection, analysis, and reporting in collaboration with KIC Accra, KIC Kumasi, and DAI home office staff. S/he will report directly to the Team Lead in Accra.
This is a year-long, full-time position. Based on performance review and work planning to take place in December, the position can be renewed for the following year.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead the implementation of the M&E plan across the three core programs and two regional locations of KIC.
- Refine and improve M&E methodology, tools, and procedures for systematic data collection and analysis of program indicators
- Expand KIC’s ability to measure the social impact of its programs in line with client objectives
- Develop surveys and enforce survey administration protocols to assess the impact of training of entrepreneurs
- Contribute to overall program strategy development and setting of targets. Provide input on client deliverables and requests as needed.
- Under supervision of the Program Manager and in coordination with the DAI home office, lead development of bi-annual M&E reports for submission to the client
- Guide, supervise, and otherwise ensure the collection, analysis, and use of baseline and other data on an on-going basis to inform KIC decision-making
- Conduct data quality and verification checks in the field as needed. Ground truth data with staff, subcontractors, partners, and beneficiaries
- Ensure that data entries are valid, complete, and accurate and meet submission deadlines. Manage internal database and enforce quality checks.
- Improve internal knowledge management and learning opportunities within KIC
- Train colleagues to ensure they have full understanding of KIC’s M&E plan and know how to follow proper project M&E policies and procedures
- Train KIC entrepreneurs and start-ups on M&E procedures and expectations
- Coordinate and develop good working relationships with KIC team members, partners, client and key stakeholders to ensure high-quality data collection across program
- Develop qualitative case studies and success stories of start-ups within KIC’s portfolio
- Bachelor’s degree and minimum 5 years of professional experience OR Master’s degree and minimum 3 years of professional experience
- Experience working with international organizations on monitoring and evaluation
- Strong organization skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel, Word, and Powerpoint
- Experience working to promote youth entrepreneurship, innovation, and/or agriculture preferred
- Ability to travel to monitor KIC businesses in the field on a quarterly basis
- Fluent in written and spoken English