Title: M&E Methodologist
Project: USAID Senegal Monitoring & Evaluation Project,
Location: Dakar, Senegal
Anticipated Start Date: September 2017
MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, DC metro area international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, governance and anti-corruption. MSI implements nearly 100 projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Morocco, Lebanon, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Colombia, and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with more than 80 organizations across all sectors of international development with clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the UNDP to national and local governments, NGOs, think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at http://www.msiworldwide.com.
The three-year USAID Senegal Monitoring & Evaluation Project (MEP) will provide USAID/Senegal with performance measurement and management support activities, including, but not limited to, monitoring and evaluation design, program evaluation design and implementation, impact evaluation design and implementation, sectoral assessments, surveys, activity/project design, target setting, and statement of work (SOW) development for evaluation activities. This contract seeks to improve performance management at all levels to help the Mission meet Agency requirements, make better informed strategic and management decisions, and advance Agency learning.
Position Summary: The Monitoring and Evaluation Methodologist will report directly to the Deputy Chief of Party. S/he will work closely with all task managers and DCOP to ensure an overall high-level of quality in the implementation of the three-year M&E Support project. The M&E Methodologist will be responsible for ensuring a high level of quality control compliant with USAID Evaluation Policy and M&E standards and practices macros all MEP tasks. The position will directly support all task managers in ensuring a high level technical quality for all MEP deliverables.
- Provide technical support to all task managers in the development of statements of work, work plans, data analysis plans, data collection tools, reports and deliverables.
- Provide full technical copy-editing support to all reports.
- Participate, as appropriate and as directed, in the design and implementation of performance monitoring and verification systems.
- Assist USAID/Senegal with support in the development, review and maintenance of their PMP, PMELPs and AMEPs.
- Support the Mission in conducting Data Quality Assessments (DQAs) and developing Performance Indicator Reference Sheets (PIRS).
- Lead team planning meetings for respective assigned tasks.
- Conduct training in a range of performance management subjects, M&E, USAID data quality standards; and
- Other similar duties as assigned
- At least 7 years’ experience with M&E systems funded by USAID or major international donor is required.
- At least 3 years’ experience in management or leadership capacity with M & E project (required).
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience with USAID projects required.
- Expertise in performance monitoring and evaluation design, implementation and management preferred.
- Experience fostering cooperation among donor, government, private sector, and NGO entities is a plus.
- High level of proficiency with software applications for the use of both quantitative and qualitative data analysis such as Microsoft Office, MaxQDA, NVIVO, SPSS, STATA, and ArcGIS (required).
- Knowledge of USAID evaluation policy guidelines and planning and analysis tools (required).
- Previous experience working on a USAID M&E platform contract a plus.
- Experience in technical copy-editing (required).
- Ability to provide guidance to short term consultants working on task teams and ensure compliance with USAID standards across task process and deliverables. (required).
- Ability to work well with a team, in both leadership and member capacities.
- Master’s degree in demographics, social sciences or geography or related degrees.
- Ability to mentor staff and counterparts.
- Ability and willingness to travel within Senegal and the Sahel.
- Multiple country work experience is required.
- Prior experience in French Africa is required; previous experience in Senegal is a plus.
- Fluent in French at Good – Excellent level and excellent English writing skills.