Close relatives1 of ADB staff, except spouses of international staff, are not eligible for recruitment and appointment to staff positions. Applicants are expected to disclose if they have any relative/s by consanguinity/blood, by adoption and/or by affinity/marriage presently employed in ADB.
1 Close relatives refer to spouse, children, mother, father, brother and sister, niece, nephew, aunt and uncle
Staff on probation are not eligible to apply. Applicants for promotion must have served at their position for at least one year and must have normally served at their personal level for at least two years immediately preceding the date of the vacancy closing date. Applicants for lateral transfer must have served at their position and personal level for at least one year immediately preceding the date of the vacancy closing date (reference A.O. 2.03, paragraphs 5.8 and 5.9).
Asian Development Bank (ADB) is an international development finance institution headquartered in Manila, Philippines and is composed of 68 members, 49 of which are from the Asia and Pacific region. ADB is committed to achieving a prosperous, inclusive, resilient, and sustainable Asia and the Pacific, while sustaining its efforts to eradicate extreme poverty. ADB combines finance, knowledge, and partnerships to fulfill its expanded vision under its Strategy 2030.
ADB only hires nationals of its 68 members.
The position is part of the Office of the Vice President (Operations 1). VPO1 oversees the work of ADB’s operations in the Central and West Asia Department (CWRD) and South Asia Department (SARD).
To view ADB Organizational Chart, please click here.
The Management Administrative Assistant will (i) perform full administrative services of responsible and confidential nature and (ii) support coordination of inter-departmental administrative activities in line with the mandates of the Vice-President.
The incumbent will report to the designated International Staff.
- Works closely with the Executive Assistant and Operations Analyst in the coordination of activities of VPO1 with departments and offices in ADB, and informs the supervisor using different communication modalities.
- Screens external calls and answers queries.
- Responds on behalf of the supervisor to straightforward/routine messages and drafts replies for the supervisor’s review. Drafts messages according to ADB’s Handbook of Style and Usage.
- Conducts preliminary review and ensures that all documents for supervisor are accurate and prepared in compliance with ADB’s Handbook of Style and Usage.
- Provides assistance in managing the supervisor’s calendar and ensures efficient scheduling across offices and global time zones. Scheduling includes effective prioritization and resolving conflicts of competing demands. Responds to internal meeting requests timely.
- Consolidates information and prepares materials or ensures that supervisor has received the relevant documents for the meeting/briefing/mission.
- Coordinates travel arrangements including arranging mission schedules, obtaining visas, scheduling flights, booking hotel accommodations, preparing travel documents, and drafting itineraries.
- Processes Mission Authorization Requests. Travel Requests and Authorization (TRA), and Request for Reimbursement-Business Travel (RRBT) in eTrip.
c. Office Administration
- Maintains a complete and organized e-filing system in SharePoint.
- Maintains adequate stocks of office supplies as required.
- Monitors document workflow and follows up as needed.
- Maintains a professional and organized office setup.
- Serves as alternate to the Executive Assistant as needed.
- Performs any other duties as may be required and reflected in the incumbent’s workplan.
Relevant Experience & Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least 5 years of experience; preferably with experience in a multilateral institution.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, and Sharepoint) and video/photo editing for presentation materials and knowledge products)
- Familiarity in the use of Management Approval System and Document Workflow System
- Familiarity in videoconferencing tools (MS Teams, Zoom, Webex)
- Proficiency with ADB’s Handbook of Style and Usage is an advantage
- Ability to work with individuals from different cultural/national backgrounds.
- Familiarity with operational and administrative procedures and full understanding of the interactions between the organization’s different work areas and relevant workflows
- Ability to make quick procedural decisions and judgments, and handle sensitive information with confidentiality;
- Good administrative and organizational skills, with attention to details
- Good coordination, interpersonal and diplomatic skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Please refer to the link for ADB Competency Framework for Administrative Staff Levels 4 and 5.
ADB offers competitive remuneration and a comprehensive benefits package.
The actual appointment salary will be based on ADB’s standards and computation, taking into account the selected individual’s qualifications and experience.
ADB seeks to ensure that everyone is treated with respect and given equal opportunities to work in an inclusive environment. ADB encourages all qualified candidates who are nationals of ADB member countries to apply regardless of their racial, ethnic, religious and cultural background, gender, sexual orientation, or disabilities. Women are highly encouraged to apply.
Please note that the actual level and salary will be based on the qualifications of the selected candidate.