The United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) works in 190 countries and territories to put children first. UNICEF has helped save more children’s lives than any other humanitarian organization, by providing health care and immunizations, clean water and sanitation, nutrition, education, emergency relief and more. The U.S. Fund for UNICEF (USF) supports UNICEF’s work through fundraising, advocacy and education in the United States. Together, we are working toward the day when no children die from preventable causes and every child has a safe and healthy childhood. For more information, visit http://www.unicefusa.org.
Major Gifts Officer, South Florida
The Southeast Regional office of the U.S. Fund for UNICEF is headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, and covers seven states: Georgia, Florida, Alabama, Mississippi, Tennessee, South Carolina, and North Carolina. The Southeast Regional Office is focused primarily on individual major gift fundraising.
Working closely with, and reporting to the Deputy Director, Southeast Region, the Major Gift Officer, South Florida, will serve as a critical contributor in leading the southeast regional office to fundraising success. The Major Gift Officer, South Florida, will manage a portfolio of major donors and prospects (150 to 250) primarily in Miami-Dade, Broward, and Palm Beach Counties (with some donors in other parts of the state); identify, cultivate, and solicit new high net worth individuals for the major donor program; lead the development of a South Florida regional philanthropic board; lead cultivation events in the region; and help expand USF’s presence throughout South Florida.
Key Responsibilities/Outcomes (include but are not limited to):
- Work with the Deputy Director to grow major gifts in South Florida
- Develop and implement effective strategies to steward and cultivate major donors
- Meet monthly in-person major gift meeting and solicitation goals
- Meet annual revenue goal and support the overall Southeast Regional goals
- Develop a strategy for building a South Florida philanthropic board
- Recruit and manage new board members
- Manage cultivation event opportunities which support USF’s strategic plan as major donor cultivation and stewardship tools
- Support the growth of other organizational initiatives, including Congressional Action Teams, NextGen, and Kid Power
- Represent the Southeast Region and speak at select events, as appropriate
- Work closely and collaboratively with the South Florida Community Engagement Fellow to insure coordinated efforts
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of seven years of relevant development experience; Master’s degree in non-profit management and/or a related field preferred
- Must have a proven record of success in all elements of major gift fundraising with a strong track record of closing significant gifts
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills, along with excellent organizational skills
- Self-starter with proven record of pioneering new initiatives
- Must possess a strong work ethic, and be a motivated, enthusiastic team player who embraces the mission and values of USF
- Working knowledge of South Florida philanthropic community is preferred
- Ability to travel domestically and occasionally internationally
- Successful candidate will work remotely or from home and will be expected to provide the following:
- Must have own, reliable PC or Mac
- Must have reliable internet connection
- Must have reliable smart phone and service provider
- Must have access to a vehicle
- Must have experience working remotely
- Must demonstrate USF Core Values: Trust, Respect, Accountability, Innovation, Teamwork, and Service
To Apply- Please Apply Online at: http://chp.tbe.taleo.net/chp01/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=UNICEFUSA&cws=1&rid=783
Must possess current and valid US Work Authorization and be eligible to work for any US employer without sponsorship.
Due to the high volume of applications received, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Salary is commensurate with experience. In addition, USF offers a comprehensive benefits package.
USF is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply.