The Logistics Specialist is responsible for coordinating logistics for newly arriving cases. Additionally, this staff member works closely with local and headquarters staff to assist with processing and reporting activities.
- Order furniture, household supplies and food for new R & P cases.
- Prepare R&P Vouchers for food and pocket money and all other expenses.
- Track all expenditures of client’s Reception & Placement monies including: Bus Tickets, Goodwill Coupons, laundry quarters, cell phones and household goods
- Reconcile inventory on goodwill coupons, bus tickets, etc.
- Reconcile case files with physical documents, Sun systems report, and the direct assistance log for R&P, Matching Grant, and other funding sources.
- Create household supply and furniture coversheets to be signed by clients
- Ensure copies of all expenditures receipts and vouchers are given to the Information Resource Coordinator for filing.
- Research new relationships and maintain existing relationships with furniture and household goods vendors in the area.
- Work closely with the In-Kind Donations Coordinator when coordinating needed supplies for new families
- Other related duties as assigned.
- B.A./B.S. in related field; or comparable related work experience may be substituted
- 2+ Years of related work experience (in addition to the above); Preferably with the refugee population; preferably in a non-profit or social service environment
- Prior experience in a finance/accounting related role strongly preferred
- Inventory control experience preferred;
- Reporting experience preferred;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Good communication skills;
- Computer skills, including all Microsoft Office Programs at an intermediate or above level
- Ability to prioritize, and manage time effectively;
- Fluency in written and spoken English, bilingual ability preferred;
- Must have a valid driver’s license; active insurance policy; and access to reliable transportation.
- Experience in a multi-cultural environment preferred.
- Must be able to lift approximately 35 lbs safely
Working Environment: Standard office work environment; as well as time in and around the service delivery area
This is a full-time, benefit eligible position with a starting wage between $17.25 – $17.75 per hour.
Benefits include: generous paid vacation, access to medical, dental and vision insurance, employer paid short-term disability, long-term disability and life insurance and 403B retirement savings.