International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI), a U.S. based international development consulting company established in 1987, has worked in over one hundred countries and implemented over three hundred projects. IBTCI serves government agencies, private sector companies and several donor agencies. IBTCI specializes in Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) across many sectors including, but not limited to, conflict and crisis, democracy and governance, economic growth, education, environment, and global health.
Job Title: Knowledge Management Specialist
Department/Location: Mexico City
Reports To: Senior Level Expert
Type: Regular Full-Time
IBTCI is seeking a Knowledge Management Specialist to provide technical support to the Senior Level Expert (SLE) for the Integration, Collaboration, Monitoring, and Evaluation (ICME) Activity. The purpose of the ICME activity is to provide services to facilitate collaboration between the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) activities, integration of USAID/Mexico development objectives, interagency collaboration, and use of evidence for decision-making. This is a long-term three (3) year position with the potential for a fourth year and will be based out of Mexico for the implementation of technical support for monitoring, evaluation, collaboration, and learning services for USAID/Mexico.
The ICME mechanism supports USAID/Mexico’s ability to make decisions based on evidence through the application of analytical rigor. This ICME mechanism works across the Mission to:
- Facilitate integration of its investments for greater synergy and impact, especially in the northern border states;
- Facilitate increased collaboration among local actors – government, civil society, private sector, and academia – to advance local ownership, sustainability, and self-reliance;
- Ensure innovative monitoring and related analyses of the outcomes and outputs of existing activities as well as the relevant context indicators such that learning (i.e. what is working, what is not working, and what needs to be done differently) is optimized and provides continuity beyond and between USAID investments; and,
- Realize surveys, more in-depth analyses, and evaluations, whether impact or performance, as needed, for management decisions.
Essential Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Develop innovative knowledge management processes and organizational systems to facilitate information sharing between USAID development objective teams, ICME staff, and USAID implementing partners.
- Day-to-day development of the activities, content and deliverables of designated projects.
- Literature and international best practices research.
- Initiate basic quantitative analysis for designated projects.
- Propose and review evaluation methodologies for ICME evaluations, including data collections mechanisms, evaluation report outlines, etc.
- Prepare, review and approve technical briefs, highlights and reports submitted to USAID
- Develop and participate in capacity building events as needed
- Establish contact and liaise with high-level government officials
- Develop and deliver technical presentations to USAID staff
- Provide quality assurance for evaluations, analyses or any related technical work carried out by the ICME team
- Other duties as assigned.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Advanced data analysis and reporting skills
- Ability to work autonomously and to meet deadlines
- Ability to set strategic direction in a collaborative setting
- Highly developed interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Experience in preparing and delivering reports and presentations to variety of audiences
- Superior writing skills
- Minimum five years of experience in supporting knowledge management for governance-related projects. Experience with design and development of evaluations or assessments of is desirable.
- Full proficiency in English and Spanish as well as demonstrated ability to translate into either language
- Familiarity with knowledge management best practices
- Ability to travel within Mexico
Education: Master’s Degree or postgraduate studies in social, economic or law areas.
Working Environment: Work is typically performed in an office environment.
Physical Requirements: This is largely a sedentary position that requires the ability to speak, hear, see, and lift small objects up to 20 lbs.
Supervisory Responsibility: This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
Travel: International travel may be required and may include travel to fragile and/or conflict-prone zones.
Work Authorization: Candidate must be authorized to work in Mexico.
No phone calls please. All candidates will be acknowledged, but only final candidates for particular activities will be contacted.
IBTCI is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, disabled veteran or Vietnam-era veteran, or any other classification protected by applicable anti-discrimination laws. We prohibit and do not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment. We are an E-Verify Employer. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
If you are an applicant with a disability that requires a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process or are limited in the ability, or unable to use the online application system and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact Human Resources at 703-749-0100.