Knowledge Management Specialist
The QED Group LLC is seeking Knowledge Management (KM) Specialists for ongoing project support and upcoming bids. Founded in 1998, QED is built on the premise that integrating monitoring and evaluation (M&E) and knowledge management and learning (KM&L) concepts together will better prepare development organizations to effectively establish program improvements. Since that time we have been on the forefront of these efforts and have helped define best practice in KM for international development.
Our current portfolio of activities includes large projects based in Washington, DC; Egypt; Uganda; Afghanistan; and Iraq as well as a number of smaller and/or shorter-term assignments in various locations around the world.
QED is seeking driven KM practitioners to join our team. Interested and qualified candidates are encouraged to submit a resume for consideration on upcoming full-time and short-term technical assistance (STTA) opportunities.
As this is a general call for candidates for an indefinite number of assignments, responsibilities will vary. They will be defined specifically in individual statements of work (SOWs) or proposals and may include the following:
- Serve as technical lead on matters related to KM and learning
- Design and implement effective KM and learning activities, often in collaboration with other team members
- Work with clients and partners to scope and implement appropriate and effective knowledge capture and sharing activities
- Identify and curate technical content and implement content strategies to ensure that the right information is getting to the right people at the right time (and in the right way)
- Develop and organize learning platforms and activities such a communities of practice, social software systems, web portal development, document clearinghouses, advisory councils, trainings, and discussions
- Document and share learning, ensuring requirements, lessons learned, and best practices for products, events, and other KM activities are clear and transparent
- Develop agendas and/or interventions that will help organizations become a better at learning, adaptive management, and effective development through improved business and organizational practices, processes, and staff capacity
- Plan and facilitate learning events, such as discussions, seminars, workshops, forums, symposiums, and trainings (both in-person and online)
- Support the assessment of learning, collaboration, reporting, and KM practices, styles, resources, and structures
- Identify and share creative, efficient, and effective ways to share ideas and information, engage audiences, and facilitate collaboration
- Ensure that quality work is delivered on time
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in one or more fields related to KM and learning or development assistance such as public, business, or development administration; political science; economics; agriculture; health; education; democracy and governance; development studies; or closely related, inter-disciplinary fields
- A minimum of 3 years of progressively responsible, professional-level experience in organizational or action learning, development, and/or knowledge management
- First-hand experience with monitoring and evaluation activities within complex international development contexts
- Demonstrated understanding and experience in supporting, developing, and/or leading knowledge management programs, facilitating communities of practice, and social networking
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, including written, in-person/presentation, and facilitation skills applied within multi-cultural contexts
- Demonstrated interest and experience in international development; USAID and other donor project experience preferred but not required
- Ability to solve problems creatively, collaborate effectively with team members and partners, and work under tight deadlines
- Fluency in English—written and spoken—required; knowledge of other languages preferred but not required
- Experience living and working in the developing world preferred but not required
- Strong proficiency in MS Office suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point)
To apply for this position please follow these steps:
1 Complete the online application
2 Attach your resume
3 Click on the link Biodata AID1420-17 complete and attached to your application.
4 Submit your application, resume and biodata.
Please note that applications submitted by other means; or without resume and/or biodata will not be considered.
Only finalists will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Reasonable accommodation requests will be considered on a case-by-case basis. The QED Group, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and Minorities are encouraged to apply. AA//V/D.