- At least Master’s Degree Academic level in Economics or in another related field relevant to development cooperation (indicatively political science, international relations, social sciences, law) or equivalent professional experience minimum of 5 years in development work (in addition to the general professional experience requirement mentioned below).
- At least 6 years of professional experience in development finance work.
Assignments performed in the last 10 years in the following areas:
- Advising governments or other public bodies of partner countries or donor countries, bilateral or multilateral aid agencies including development finance institutions on financing for development:
– e.g. in mobilising and utilising domestic and international, public and private finance, and more generally on economic financing issues, public finance management, business environment reform, private sector development, innovative finance, South-South cooperation, etc.;
– e.g. through support to specific tools such as: medium-term financing strategy tools (medium-term expenditure/budget frameworks, medium-term revenue strategies, mediumterm debt strategies), costing exercises, development financing assessments, etc.
- Identification, formulation, implementation and evaluation of aid programmes in development finance
- Experience working with development banks and banks in partner countries;
- Experience of supporting policy dialogue with partner countries;
- Statistical analysis and research of ODA flows;
- ODA reporting, experience of using OECD-DAC and IATI databases;
- Experience in managing Aid Management Information Systems;
- Moderating or facilitating conferences, high-level panels, seminars, retreats, workshops bringing together more than 25 participants.