IFC—a member of the World Bank Group—is the largest global development institution focused on the private sector in emerging markets. We work in more than 100 countries, using our capital, expertise, and influence to create markets and opportunities in developing countries. In fiscal year 2020, we invested $22 billion in private companies and financial institutions in developing countries, leveraging the power of the private sector to end extreme poverty and boost shared prosperity. For more information, visit http://www.ifc.org
The Europe and Central Asia (ECA) Infrastructure unit is an open and dynamic unit, which makes investments in infrastructure transactions ranging across several sectors including power, transportation, telecom, technology, subnational infrastructure and natural resources. We are in the process of hiring a number of professionals to expand our geographic footprint and our business.
We are seeking an Investment Officer located in Istanbul, Turkey. The selected candidate will work across the business cycle (business development, “upstream”, new investments, and portfolio), with focus on Turkish client engagement and business development, as well as deal execution and portfolio across the ECA region.
Role and Responsibilities:
The role and responsibilities of the position will include but not be limited to:
• Develop a strong pipeline of good quality investment opportunities by anticipating market trends and employing sector/country knowledge.
• Master’s degree or equivalent professional qualification in Business, Finance, Economics, or other relevant field.
• At least 8 years of relevant experience in infrastructure project investment and financing activities. Prior experience in IFC/World Bank a plus. Prior experience of working with IBRD and MIGA will be a plus.
• Experience in Turkish infrastructure sectors and understanding of infrastructure challenges faced by Turkey is required.
• Ability to interact directly and independently with the senior management of potential clients, financial and technical partners as well as senior government officials.
• Genuine commitment to development and to the World Bank Group and IFC’s mission, strategy and values. Understanding of IFC’s strategic priorities and changing business model against the backdrop of IFC’s 3.0 strategy.
• Capacity to innovate and challenge the status quo. Proven track-record of sourcing, structuring and closing investments in infrastructure sectors.
• Strong understanding of infrastructure sectors, such as power, transportation, utilities, natural resources, telecoms, technology.
• Experience engaging with private sector clients, local and national governments and other stakeholders to encourage pioneering business and market development will be a plus.
• Strong business development and client relationship skills demonstrated by track record and ability to focus on clients’ needs effectively.
• Sound business judgment in identifying potential business partners.
• Experience across a number of financial products, including project finance, corporate debt, and equity a plus.
• Excellent people skills, openness to feedback, new ideas, and ability to guide, and motivate others.
• Strong inter-personal skills, ability to interact effectively with clients and colleagues from various cultural backgrounds.
• Strong written and verbal communications skills in English required, and Turkish strongly desirable.
|Closing date:||March 5, 2021|